• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Taggart just got canned and starts the Coaching Carousel early

Team 2019 Coach
Arkansas Chad Morris
Boston College Steve Addazio
Florida State Willie Taggart
Missouri Barry Odom
New Mexico Bob Davie
Ole Miss Matt Luke
Rutgers Chris Ash (Schiano hired)
South Florida Charlie Strong
UNLV Tony Sanchez
UTSA Frank Wilson

No jobs except perhaps USC scare me in regards to clawson. Ole miss maybe but they are going to hire someone who knows the area.

My criteria are food, family, fanbase, and an a.d. that is highly trustworthy.

If I were to guess, son in high school and daughter up the road anchor clawson in Winston for a few more years.

The last month have not helped though. The whole team seems a bit burned out.

Having a daughter who is a junior in college is not an anchor.

Wow. Who does BC think they are lol. I feel the Dazzler was the perfect fit for them. I expect them to fall into the abyss.

ODU fires coach. Wake opponent next year, opening SATURDAY, 9/4.

Just posted by Les. Pretty pathetic.

Having a daughter who is a junior in college is not an anchor.

Generally, yes, but Clawson's daughter goes to Davidson and she makes it to a lot of WF football events because Davidson is close. Pretty clear that Clawson relishes having her around. Would not be a possibility at Ole Miss or Missouri or any other opening. Clawson and his staff are now part of the community, and that is big draw. A big reason why no football coach has left WF for another position in 30+ years.

Guessing that it would take a top program type of opening (Notre Dame, Michigan) for Clawson to leave.

article on the many issues troubling the University of Missouri

not a place I would want to try to recruit into

Generally, yes, but Clawson's daughter goes to Davidson and she makes it to a lot of WF football events because Davidson is close. Pretty clear that Clawson relishes having her around. Would not be a possibility at Ole Miss or Missouri or any other opening. Clawson and his staff are now part of the community, and that is big draw. A big reason why no football coach has left WF for another position in 30+ years.

Guessing that it would take a top program type of opening (Notre Dame, Michigan) for Clawson to leave.

So it's an anchor unless he gets a job he really wants. Thanks.

No jobs except perhaps USC scare me in regards to clawson. Ole miss maybe but they are going to hire someone who knows the area.

My criteria are food, family, fanbase, and an a.d. that is highly trustworthy.

If I were to guess, son in high school and daughter up the road anchor clawson in Winston for a few more years.

The last month have not helped though. The whole team seems a bit burned out.

Burned out maybe, but the blowout loss to Tech, the HUGE BLOWOUT loss to Clemson and the bad loss @ Syracuse probably culled the pool of suitors for Clawson. He'd be hard to justify to a lot of fanbases.

Burned out maybe, but the blowout loss to Tech, the HUGE BLOWOUT loss to Clemson and the bad loss @ Syracuse probably culled the pool of suitors for Clawson. He'd be hard to justify to a lot of fanbases.

Yeah, if Wake were playing Clemson close, Clawson would have a South Carolina contract in hand by now and Muschamp would be looking for an analyst job.

Chris Peterson stepping down at Washington. That's a big one.

DC Jimmy Lake taking over.

Last edited:
Any scuttlebutt on SC's Muschamp? AD said mid-Nov he was staying.

Back