• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Taggart just got canned and starts the Coaching Carousel early

Chris Peterson stepping down at Washington. That's a big one.

DC Jimmy Lake taking over.

Surprising. One bad season, but still going bowling. He's only 55. Hope it's not for health reasons.

It reads like Urban Meyer at Florida version 2.0.

Take some time off... Stay with the school... Leave for something "better" in a year or two.

Where the hell is Peterson from Washington going?

Any scuttlebutt on SC's Muschamp? AD said mid-Nov he was staying.

NO problems for Muschamp. He has realigned his OC and is hiring a new one and is keeping the guy on staff. Fired his QB coach & fired all the weight training staff. Rumor is that Chad Morris from Arkansas may come in as the OC.

Yeah, no problems at all. 50/50 he's gone in 12 months.

NO problems for Muschamp. He has realigned his OC and is hiring a new one and is keeping the guy on staff. Fired his QB coach & fired all the weight training staff. Rumor is that Chad Morris from Arkansas may come in as the OC.

The Muschamp situation is almost as bad as our Manning situation.

#1, they can't afford to fire him because he's owed too much money
#2, they made him demote OC Bryan McClendon who is BY FAR their best recruiter (one of the best in the country), and I'm sure that demotion is going to do wonders for how he's able (or willing) to sell the program

But other than that, I'm sure they'll have no problem catching Clemson in state and UGA and UF in their division.

Where the hell is Peterson from Washington going?

Not sure what you mean...

If you are saying that you don't think he'd leave the Pacific Northwest... Sure, I don't know the man. No idea what he wants to do.

If you are saying that teams would have no interest in him... I think you are crazy.

Not sure what you mean...

If you are saying that you don't think he'd leave the Pacific Northwest... Sure, I don't know the man. No idea what he wants to do.

If you are saying that teams would have no interest in him... I think you are crazy.

Wasn’t USC really interested when he took the Washington job?

I feel like it was slightly shocking when he took the UW job since he had turned down so many other major schools. It's not like he's from there, he grew up in CA.

Petersen walked away from a contract that paid him $4.8 million a year and escalates through 2023 to $5 million+ per year. That said, he has already made enough to never work another day. Could be a health thing, could be some personal or family issue (one of his kids had a brain tumor and chemo, but that was more than 5 years ago), or it could be that he just wants take time off. If he decides to make a comeback, Petersen would be a hot commodity.

Last edited:
That was hard to read.

Incredibly hard. Couldn't figure out whether it was all in the written word or a combo of formatting and shitty grammar. But it certainly had both. I felt like I was reading 70 tweets strung back to back to back in an article of sorts.

During a TV interview after the Duke game, Clawson said his daughter had missed only one game this year. But I’m sure having her at Davidson is a good thing for WF at present.

Adazzio sucks and isn’t he an offensive guy, not defensive?

Yep. Prior to getting the head job at Temple. Addazio was the OL coach and then the OC at Florida under Urban Meyer. All his experience as an assistant are on the offensive side.

During a TV interview after the Duke game, Clawson said his daughter had missed only one game this year. But I’m sure having her at Davidson is a good thing for WF at present.

She was interviewed at the Duke game. Clawson seemed pretty happy she had gotten to so many Wake games. As said above, that may be a factor in helping to keep Clawson at Wake.

Back