• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Taggart just got canned and starts the Coaching Carousel early

Clawson will be the next ND coach. Maybe USC. He will be the chip that allows Wake to fire Manning. I assume Clawson’s buy out will offset Mannings buy out. Shall we call it reallocating our portfolio.

Maybe I am just wishing, but I think there is a chance that Clawson sticks around and continues building the program for a long time.

How long is that actual rebuild? Roster has talent. Hurts that UF seems to be back on the upswing again.

They’ve got talent, but they’ve got issues too. I think wearing a Nole jersey hides it a little bit, but Taggert didn’t inherit anything close to the talent that FSU has traditionally had.

They’ve got talent, but they’ve got issues too. I think wearing a Nole jersey hides it a little bit, but Taggert didn’t inherit anything close to the talent that FSU has traditionally had.

Which seemed to be why Jimbo jumped ship. Similar to Urban leaving UF. House of Cards about to fall. Is FSU an actual power program or did it have an amazing run? I think comparisons to Miami are worthwhile.

Once Clawson leaves for ND, Michigan or the New York Jets, would you rather have Elko or Gattis be HC?

Maybe I am just wishing, but I think there is a chance that Clawson sticks around and continues building the program for a long time.

Certainly there's a chance, and you make it sound like you're going out on a limb to say that. Obviously we don't know his thinking, but from his history I would contend that we have a better chance of keeping him than losing him. It just happens to be a great marriage of a program builder and a program willing to be patient to let him build. Most programs in the next echelon are not likely to have that patience and I am sure he is wise to that consideration.

We're just getting this thing rolling.

I think the FSU job is not that great. Any coach will need to beat DABO to win a CONF champ or National Championship.

That's true for the whole ACC.

FSU is probably a Tier 2 job at best. I would put osu, Alabama, Texas, and probably OU on Tier 1. Maybe Georgia and Florida too. Florida is a better job than FSU.

Clawson will be the next ND coach. Maybe USC. He will be the chip that allows Wake to fire Manning. I assume Clawson’s buy out will offset Mannings buy out. Shall we call it reallocating our portfolio.

Ok

True but he did nothing with that roster. Which is superior to most other ACC rosters.

Jobs better than FSU today in no order: Alabama, Georgia, Florida, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Univ of SoCal, Notre Dame, Michigan, Clemson

Jobs approximately on par with FSU: Auburn, Tennessee, Penn State, Texas A&M, Nebraska, Manchester United

FSU is in direct recruiting competition with all of the teams in red.

Correct, but outside of FSU and Clemson (plus maybe Miami), I don't think that any other school would to try to claim that their job is an upper-tier, elite level position.

Okay.

Mostly agree with Biff. But man, is FSU really on Tennessee’s level? I think Tenn is way worse because: no in state talent, most delusional fanbase, toughest conference.

Mostly agree with Biff. But man, is FSU really on Tennessee’s level? I think Tenn is way worse because: no in state talent, most delusional fanbase, toughest conference.

Surely debatable. Definitely tons of talent within four hours of Knoxville though.

I mean, if I were an FSU fan living in the panhandle and the team sucked, I'd just go fishing on Saturdays.

I mean, if I were an FSU fan living in the panhandle and the team sucked, I'd just go fishing on Saturdays.

Yeah that’s part of my point. Football is all Knoxville has. Results in an even more delusion fanbase. Credit to the Vols for using the worst scandal in sports history as an excuse to protest a former NFL coach being hired. I’m sure if Gruden had been a grad assistant at Penn State during that time they would have done the same.

Vol fans got behind Butch Jones. That was some serious buy-in.

A year later they ran him out of town, but still, they were very supportive for a time.

Back