• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Taggart just got canned and starts the Coaching Carousel early

Some of y'all are seriously underestimating how shitty Los Angeles is as a place to live and work.

Not for a foodie and not for folks earning $3mil + in annual salary. Honestly, the two things that may cause Clawson to one day walk are: empty seats and lack of new food options. You want food options that will last years? Move to LA. And USC is way more centrally located that UCLA as far as where you can go for food.

Heck, Duraham/Raleigh would be a step up from Winston.

If we keep Clawson - and I actually think we will, you can thank the fact that his daughter is in college down the road and his son is still at home and what happened at Tennessee. I think he will be very very cautious taking a gig at a big time football factory if he isn't absolutely confident in the AD and everything around that.

Not for a foodie and not for folks earning $3mil + in annual salary. Honestly, the two things that may cause Clawson to one day walk are: empty seats and lack of new food options. You want food options that will last years? Move to LA. And USC is way more centrally located that UCLA as far as where you can go for food.

If we keep Clawson - and I actually think we will, you can thank the fact that his daughter is in college down the road and his son is still at home and what happened at Tennessee. I think he will be very very cautious taking a gig at a big time football factory if he isn't absolutely confident in the AD and everything around that.

You hear it here first, folks. Clawson to USC because of the LA food scene!

So the Triad restaurant scene thread is the most important thread on these boards.

Knowing nothing, it seems like Fleck or Norvell make the most sense... Head coaching experience, youth, and wouldn't have to break the bank.

Mike Leach would be fun... I bet FSU would do well with him, but it seems like a weird fit (age and he's literate).

Mark Stoops seems like a "meh" hire. Bob Stoops seems like a pipe dream.

Jeff Scott doesn't scare me.

Wonder if James Franklin is a real candidate...

Will be fun to see it all play out.

Knowing nothing, it seems like Fleck or Norvell make the most sense... Head coaching experience, youth, and wouldn't have to break the bank.

Mike Leach would be fun... I bet FSU would do well with him, but it seems like a weird fit (age and he's literate).

I would be surprised if Franklin left PSU. They have the re$ource$ to keep him. He has them back in the conversation about national title. Now, to beat tOSU.

Mark Stoops’s defense won their last natty and made Jimbo tons of money.

Franklin is from PA, and Penn State has the money to out bid FSU. Heading into this season, Penn State fans were generally tepid on Franklin, but they have had a great year so far. That said, perceptions change quickly. If Minnesota beats Penn State and tOSU gives the Nittany Lions a beat-down, Franklin may want a change.

My concern level for Clawson going to FSU is currently at 0%

Bingo! Clawson is a classy guy with integrity. No way he he leaves Wake for a conference and divisional rival. Plus the pressure to put a winner on the field next year makes takng the job a nightmare. I worry not about this.

Campbell makes a lot of sense IMO as a good hire. Idk if they’d go for him though (fan base wise)

Sounds like the pipe dream may come true.

When you make Clawson money, you can fly to eat.

Don't forget clawsons parents live in Charlotte....

California has become a shitty place to live now. No control over homeless people shitting in your front yard, incompetent governance that is more concerned with being woke than getting things done, and taxes out the asshole.

Man, RJ is gonna lose his shit on that post when he gats back from Boston.

Nobody even knows where the term p5 derived. It really has no meaning. There are 5 conferences who are AQ. Automatic Qualifiers to the playoff. That's an NCAA term. Seems reasonable. Doesn't mean there aren't outstanding programs like App, Memphis, Boise , etc. In addition without taking into account the population of states, the number of "p5" is ridiculous. NC is really an outlier with four. A vestige of one of the oldest conferences and testament to the league's fight to preserve the privates in their conference. Duke, Wake, Miami, etc. And the fucked up relationship with ND.

I'm not sure what point you were making but I just thought it was funny that you said the term P5 had no meaning - and then you defined it. AQ really does have no meaning now - that was a BCS term. There are basically 10 conferences that play FBS football - the power 5 (the larger, more powerful football conferences) and the group of 5 (the "smaller" conferences - however you define that) - plus a small group of independents.

Back