• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Taggart just got canned and starts the Coaching Carousel early

When is the last time a head coach that was currently in the ACC left for another head coaching job in the ACC?

NC State hiring BC’s coach doesn’t count bc BC wasn’t in the ACC yet.

How about this... Where does Taggart end up now?

Take a year off to swim in his money vault like Scrooge McDuck? Maybe do some TV?

I can't see him taking a coordinator position... He's a proven head coach (bowl games at 3 different schools). Wonder if USF would be interested in bringing him back and kicking Charlie Strong to the curb?

I bet we at least hear his name on the carousel this offseason.

You hear it here first, folks. Clawson to USC because of the LA food scene!

Not saying that. But folks trying to dis LA is pretty funny when the town Clawson lives in is Winston-Salem.

LA IS a foodie town. There are taco trucks that serve more interesting food than all but a handful of restaurants in W-S. Los Angeles also has a top 10 coaching job in normal circumstances (2 top 20 coaching gigs). But they haven't figured out their Athletic Department. On the flip side, Clawson also has a kid in high school and a kid in college who is a 90 minute - 2 hour drive away.

That matters. Listen to his post game interviews. He was not pleased with the Louisville crowd. He was underwhelmed with the Florida State crowd. I haven't heard him talk about Saturday. All I can say is for the future of our Clawson-led program, I sure hope we have an awesome crowd for Duke.

All that said, if I ever bump into Fulmer, I will kiss him on the lips. His douchiness is THE main reason that Clawson will be very cautious to take on any new challenge at a big time football program. The grass is not always greener and he knows that viscerally.

California has become a shitty place to live now. No control over homeless people shitting in your front yard, incompetent governance that is more concerned with being woke than getting things done, and taxes out the asshole.

Exactly why I just moved back to NC from California last month.
Oh, and I am a Chef by profession to boot.

Take a year off to swim in his money vault like Scrooge McDuck? Maybe do some TV?

I can't see him taking a coordinator position... He's a proven head coach (bowl games at 3 different schools). Wonder if USF would be interested in bringing him back and kicking Charlie Strong to the curb?

Taggart is basically the third Harbaugh brother. I could see him being OC at Michigan if Gattis moves on. Wouldn't be shocked to see him end up on the Ravens staff either. I did see the QB coach coached McNabb and Vick so he has a prime spot coaching Lamar Jackson.

Hardly any sexy jobs are going to come open. Mississippi St might be the best of the bunch.

OK could come open. NFL teams are willing to go all in on Lincoln Riley, and he hasn't completely dismissed it as a possibility. Cleveland would give him a blank check. That would be a fascinating opening.

Other Power V jobs that could be open: USC, Arkansas (hard to believe, but this used to be considered a decent job), Mizzou, Michigan State, Arizona, Vandy. Seemed like a lock that Lovie would be out at Illinois, but they have made an improbable mid-season run. The UGA win likely bought Will Muschamp some more time at S. Carolina. Similarly, looks like Jeremy Pruitt has salvaged himself after a pathetic start.

Yeah because schools hiring former coaches is always so successful, Randy Edsell and Bobby Petrino are saying hello.

Throw Gary Andersen in there as well. Our win over vaunted Utah State looking less impressive by the week. Blown out by Air Force and BYU in consecutive games.

I don't know that Taggart can go to a "sexy" job right away... He probably needs an in-between stop before getting another bigger gig.

I'd be surprised if Muschamp is let go at South Carolina... He's been recruiting pretty well and I think it was expected they'd struggle a bit this year. Preseason poll had them a distant 4th in the East. But yeah, his seat is getting a little warm.

Michigan State potentially open? I hadn't heard that.

Just listing potential openings. Michigan State wouldn't fire D'Antonio, but he is his mid-60s has health issues and the program looks like its back-sliding. With the current state of other programs in his division, possible that he could decide to move on. This was supposed to be the year that the Spartans were supposed return to prominence. They look farther away than ever.

Back