• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Taggart just got canned and starts the Coaching Carousel early

shogun6066

Reaction score
Per ESPN:

"Florida State fires coach Willie Taggart

3:25 PM ET

ESPN

Florida State has fired coach Willie Taggart, the school announced Sunday.
In a statement, Florida State athletic director David Coburn said the university "had no choice but to make a change."
The Seminoles went 9-12 under Taggart, who was hired from Oregon prior to last season to replace Jimbo Fisher, who left the school to take over at Texas A&M.
Longtime FSU staffer Odell Haggins will serve as the team's interim coach."

NOT SURPRISING.
But what is to me is they did it before the end of the season.
They'll definitely get a jump on bringing in a huge name. I imagine the 'Noles have already made the call to Urban Meyer.

Urban is going "TallY or Hollywood....hmmm". He'll go west or to the Dallas Cowboys.

Anyone wager similar pressure develops in Raleigh? It’s a non- rhetorical question.

Friend down in Tallahassee that works at FSU says the leading candidates are Bob Stoops, Mark Stoops, and Mike Leach...

Oh, absolutely it's going to. In fact, it's likely to have already started.

Our success having the effect of regularly triggering firings SHOULD REALLY GALL the average WF supporter.
Realistically, we’re forced to wear it as a badge of ignominious “honor.”

Leach in the ACC would be so fun. It’d be terrible to play against though.

Clawson being mentioned for FSU all over Twitter. I don’t think he’d go there, just reporting what I’m seeing.

Seems like maybe FSU has an AD that actually gives a damn.

Anyone can hire the wrong coach. What separates a competent AD and a blowhard Asshat is not being willing to admit and rectify your mistake.

So FSU can eat 17 million and we couldn't. Not surprising.

Wonder if Leonard Hamilton is glad he's got his most recent, and likely last, extension in his hip pocket. The conversation may have otherwise gone "Sorry, Coach, we just can't give any raises for the next 5 years."

Raised about 20 mill in private donations to buy him out. We should do the same.

I'm not so sure that some of our biggest donors aren't culture club types who are in large part responsible for where our basketball team is now.

Clawson being mentioned for FSU all over Twitter. I don’t think he’d go there, just reporting what I’m seeing.
Of all places, I don't see Clawson remotely a good fit for FSU.

Clawson will be the next ND coach. Maybe USC. He will be the chip that allows Wake to fire Manning. I assume Clawson’s buy out will offset Mannings buy out. Shall we call it reallocating our portfolio.

Clawson is pretty straightforward about his rebuilding process. Deacs are still on the up, just getting lucky to win a lot of close games in a down ACC year.

Wonder how many big programs are willing to #trusttheprocess

Florida Today puts the Taggart buyout over $18 million because of the timing.

I cannot see FSU fans being patient for a multi year rebuild.

How long is that actual rebuild? Roster has talent. Hurts that UF seems to be back on the upswing again.

Back