• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Taggart just got canned and starts the Coaching Carousel early

Warren Ruggiero getting a little play on Penn State message boards today as a possible OC candidate.

AD for App just left for Cincinnati. If they can weather this level of attrition and keep the football program in stride then it will be damn impressive.

Source in the AD at App assured me it’s a done deal. But you can hold on to hope as long as you want to and keep being
defensive.

sOuRcE sAiD iTs A dUn DeAl

Willie Taggart to FAU. I don't think someone has ever been head coach at three FL universities and definitely not within such a short period of time.

Lane Kiffin and Willie Taggart are on their 5th head coaching jobs at 44 and 43 years old, respectively. Taggart started this decade in his first year as the head coach at Western Kentucky. Now he'll be coaching against them in CUSA. Kiffin started the decade in his third job at USC. Nuts.

Last edited:
Willie Taggart to FAU. I don't think someone has ever been head coach at three FL universities and definitely not within such a short period of time.

Yep, and he even coached at a 4th school (Oregon) during that period.

Yes, but he does have a career coaching record of 56-62

App is having an emergency meeting for their biggest boosters this Friday. Come at me after we hear what that meeting is about. Either way you’ve been very defensive about the topic for no reason, me getting good or bad info doesn’t change that.

App is having an emergency meeting for their biggest boosters this Friday. Come at me after we hear what that meeting is about. Either way you’ve been very defensive about the topic for no reason, me getting good or bad info doesn’t change that.

Yosef getting worried.

Get better sources

Get better sources

The team wanted him to be promoted. Great hire. I wasn’t the only person saying the AD to Cincy rumor was solid, I just don’t get paid report on things like that. Hold me to the same standard as sports reporters though...

The team wanted him to be promoted. Great hire. I wasn’t the only person saying the AD to Cincy rumor was solid, I just don’t get paid report on things like that. Hold me to the same standard as sports reporters though...

I simply corrected you and said he was a candidate and nothing was final. You came back with the pissy response touting your sources.

App has had 22 coaches? Hmm. I would have guessed far fewer. According to Wikipedia, they had 20 coaches in 61 seasons before Jerry Moore. Wikipedia also says Satterfield was #22. I'm not going to bother to figure out the discrepancy.

I simply corrected you and said he was a candidate and nothing was final. You came back with the pissy response touting your sources.

Well my friend works at the AD and called Drinkwitz to Mizzou days before the first rumor and assured me that Cincinnati had lured the AD away, people change their minds all the time. He ended up being wrong. I’m happy for App, best case scenario was keeping Gillin and promoting Clark.

What is pretty damning about Drinkwitz is players like Evans, and Sutton calling him a liar and a snake. Also, he used an exact quote that was plastered on the film room wall at App in his presser at Mizzou. App may have dodged a bullet by losing him.

Well my friend works at the AD and called Drinkwitz to Mizzou days before the first rumor and assured me that Cincinnati had lured the AD away, people change their minds all the time. He ended up being wrong. I’m happy for App, best case scenario was keeping Gillin and promoting Clark.

What is pretty damning about Drinkwitz is players like Evans, and Sutton calling him a liar and a snake. Also, he used an exact quote that was plastered on the film room wall at App in his presser at Mizzou. App may have dodged a bullet by losing him.

This week turned out to be pretty damn good for App, all things considered. It wasn’t just the stars calling out Drink either, nearly the whole team repeated the same. Clark was a no brainer after all that.

So Clark will coach them in the bowl as well I assume.

Is Drink taking any staff with him?

Do you think App will be ranked preseason? It would be nice to get a ranked team for the home opener.

Do you think App will be ranked preseason? It would be nice to get a ranked team for the home opener.
It'd be even nicer to blow out a ranked team in our home opener.

Eff the Appies.

Back