• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Taggart just got canned and starts the Coaching Carousel early

Clawson would be crazy to leave right now. Recruiting for him in NC will never be easier. Doeren on the hottest of seats. Duke's Grandpa seat getting hot. Grandpa Brown makes a bowl thanks to one play by Duke with 4 top 30 recruiting classes on his bench. Add to that Boston College makes a bonehead move. FSU clown show. Syracuse shows no signs of a breakout. Soon he will have more tenure than anyone but Dabo, whose top flight assistants will be poached. It's all going Clawson's way.

There can't be more than 1% of BC fans that think getting rid of Addazio was a bonehead move. BC football has not been close to relevant this past decade when the previous decade had BC finishing in the Top 25 in five of the ten seasons. But it's all about the new hire BC makes. BC could do worse than what Addazio provided, but BC can certainly do better as well.

I mean, do you guys remember our 3-0 loss to Wake in 2015? BC went 0-8 in the ACC that year and followed that up with 2-6 in 2016. He was 22-34 in a very weak ACC.

Last edited:
That post-game interview definitely made it seem like the Memphis coach is now the FSU coach. Look out, Dabo.

Norvell doesn't put the fear of God in me. Memphis has been a good program for a while, not like he built them from scratch.

Could be great but wouldn't be surprised if he's just a guy

Norvell doesn't put the fear of God in me. Memphis has been a good program for a while, not like he built them from scratch.

Yeah, this is how I feel.

He’s a good coach, but not sure he makes FSU elite.

Reminds me of Fuente hire at VT (also from Memphis).

Yeah, this is how I feel.

He’s a good coach, but not sure he makes FSU elite.

Reminds me of Fuente hire at VT (also from Memphis).

Fuente who just kicked Clawson’s ass?

Fuente who just kicked Clawson’s ass?

VT is a much better football program than Wake Forest. So is FSU.

Beamer and Bowden made them that way over decades.

Saying that Fuente is a good but probably not great coach shouldn’t be all that controversial.

Well, great or just a guy, he needs to work on clock management, base on last years bowl game against us.

VT is a much better football program than Wake Forest. So is FSU.

Beamer and Bowden made them that way over decades.

Saying that Fuente is a good but probably not great coach shouldn’t be all that controversial.

Fuente has promoted Justin Hamilton to DC (from safeties coach). Hamilton was the stereotypical Beamer recruit - good athlete from a small VA school who could be coached-up. The speculation about Barry Odom to B-burg was just that.

Fuente has promoted Justin Hamilton to DC (from safeties coach). Hamilton was the stereotypical Beamer recruit - good athlete from a small VA school who could be coached-up. The speculation about Barry Odom to B-burg was just that.

Tech fans less than ok with this promotion.

Tech fans less than ok with this promotion.

They also weren't happy with the Mike Young hire and that seems to be working out. The Hokie Nation's relationship with Fuente is like that of a husband who doesn't love his spouse but doesn't want to go through a divorce. Fuente doesn't get the benefit of the doubt anymore and only a home run hire would have quieted the fans. Replacing Bud Foster is a no-win situation for Fuente. Promoting a Bud/Beamer mentee is a defensible choice in my book.

I am so bummed that FSU is rewarded for firing Taggert before his recruits even 8 games into their frosh year. It sucks when dysfunction is rewarded.

I am so bummed that FSU is rewarded for firing Taggert before his recruits even 8 games into their frosh year. It sucks when another team’s dysfunction is rewarded and Wake sticks with dysfunction.

Addendum

Georgia OL coach, Sam Pittman, to Arkansas.

Sounds like Drinkwitz from App to Mizzou.

Back