• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

any injury updates from sat???

saltydeac

Reaction score
So we have pics of scotty in a boot, but any idea how serious??? Precautionary or is he out a while?
Jamie seemed like he was definitely favoring to one shoulder and in some pain? Residual issues from Cards game or something else? Expected back close to 100% for Hokies?
Any other losses?

Would really like to know about Scotty also... Coming off his big game vs state it would be nice to have VT scrambling to prepare for him, Sage and Hinton...

Last edited:
Clawson's weekly presser is tomorrow morning. Used to get a full injury/availability breakdown at that event. With the recent interpretation of HIPAA privacy rules, WF (and other teams) is/are not nearly as forthcoming about injuries and availability as in the past. So, we might get a clue tomorrow about injuries or we might not.

Last edited:
Not to nitpick but what in the world was Suratt doing fielding punts in the final minutes of q4?

Was flirting with disaster

Not to nitpick but what in the world was Suratt doing fielding punts in the final minutes of q4?

Was flirting with disaster

I agree. If you're only going to run the ball 3 times and punt (did this 3 times...except I think Kearn had one pass attempt) why put anyone back there? Or just tell whoever to let it go. More roll time means less clock. Didn't quite understand our reasoning there.

I agree. If you're only going to run the ball 3 times and punt (did this 3 times...except I think Kearn had one pass attempt) why put anyone back there? Or just tell whoever to let it go. More roll time means less clock. Didn't quite understand our reasoning there.

Good points. But Suratt is a sure fielder and likely was told to only fair catch ANY punt. Still, would be good experience to get #3 man some experience with only moderate risk.

Good points. But Suratt is a sure fielder and likely was told to only fair catch ANY punt. Still, would be good experience to get #3 man some experience with only moderate risk.
My thought was that it was some kind of demo for any pro scouts to demonstrate his hand quality?? No idea.

Radio said Hinton was injured. Looking forward to an update on that.

I don’t think we have a third punt returner. And Sage did try to return one.

I don’t think we have a third punt returner. And Sage did try to return one.

CBS (who’s out) and KW III are KO returners so I guess they might fill in if needed. Also, it was mentioned earlier that Taylor Morin might do it, but not burning his shirt. Expect to see him field a few in upcoming games.

Removing Hinton, Washington and Newman may have been an easy precaution with a 34 point lead. They may have been capable of returning if the outcome was in jeoprady.

Issac done for the year and Big Mike Edwards done with football at Wake but will stay at Wake. Does Wake lose a scholarship for Mike as he is only a redshirt freshman

Love Clawson's "some are probable, some questionable and some doubtful....." Lots of insight from that little gem.

So I would assume we are at full strength outside of possibly Scotty who will not be 100% but might try to make a go of it????

Issac done for the year and Big Mike Edwards done with football at Wake but will stay at Wake. Does Wake lose a scholarship for Mike as he is only a redshirt freshman

Bummer. Weird how the highest rated recruits have not panned out, while the players WF steals from the MAC and the Sun Belt excel. IIRC, if Edwards is not playing because of injury or some sort of physical/mental condition, WF can get an NCAA waiver and Edwards can stay on scholarship while he doesn't count toward the 85 ship limit. If he is just quitting football because he doesn't like it any more, he will count toward the 85 ship limit unless WF pulls his ship (which is what most programs would do if a player quits).

What's the story with Edwards?

So we have pics of scotty in a boot, but any idea how serious??? Precautionary or is he out a while?
Jamie seemed like he was definitely favoring to one shoulder and in some pain? Residual issues from Cards game or something else? Expected back close to 100% for Hokies?
Any other losses?

Interesting because he walked past us after the game with his gf and got into his car, limping a little but wearing no boot. Hope it is just a slight tweak and he is fully ready for action at VT!

Interesting because he walked past us after the game with his gf and got into his car, limping a little but wearing no boot. Hope it is just a slight tweak and he is fully ready for action at VT!

Thought the team rode over from campus in buses.

Back