• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nolan Groulx updates????

I'm going to get abused for saying this, but here goes anyway. As I have posted before, Nolan lives in my neighborhood (used to be next door for years) and we are friends with his family and I used to coach Nolan in youth football with my son. he's always been one of the best kids that I know and one of the best rep kids around. I would be absolutely SHOCKED if anything was going on with Nolan in terms of his character. Absolutely shocked. Not to say it isn't possible, but that kid is a fantastic kid. I will see his dad Steve this week most likely so I will check on him. This is the first I have heard of anything going on potentially with Nolan.

Something could be going on that is not remotely related to his character. The most likely scenario is that nothing's going on and this thread never should have been started.

The freshmen practice against the first team defense all day long.Thats better then getting a few reps each practice behind the upper classmen.

Do the majority of observers really believe WF is going to lose 2 more 4 star recruits? We've already lost more than our share to all sundry life issues.
We're good with both these gentlemen and this topic is more nervous Nellie (somewhat typical WF) than anything of substance.

Do the majority of observers really believe WF is going to lose 2 more 4 star recruits? We've already lost more than our share to all sundry life issues.
We're good with both these gentlemen and this topic is more nervous Nellie (somewhat typical WF) than anything of substance.

Wake fans are very, very good doing nervous nellie.

I'm going to get abused for saying this, but here goes anyway. As I have posted before, Nolan lives in my neighborhood (used to be next door for years) and we are friends with his family and I used to coach Nolan in youth football with my son. he's always been one of the best kids that I know and one of the best rep kids around. I would be absolutely SHOCKED if anything was going on with Nolan in terms of his character. Absolutely shocked. Not to say it isn't possible, but that kid is a fantastic kid. I will see his dad Steve this week most likely so I will check on him. This is the first I have heard of anything going on potentially with Nolan.

Why would you get abused for saying this?

Nah. The current rule is fair. We don't want Bama and Clemson playing true freshmen for 7 out of 15 games and getting a redshirt for it. That would be abusing the rule.

Exactly. Current rule very fair and gives teams a chance to get their frosh some playing time, keep them happy and see what they can do without having to give up that year of eligibility.

I think this rumor started from somebody with two posts

I think this rumor started from somebody with two posts

Wake fans have a tough time being happy when things are going well.

Wake fans have a tough time being happy when things are going well.

That's because:
1) we are not well acquainted with things going well
2) and when things are going well we have learned to expect a crushing disappointment around the corner.

For some, not all, it is more simply a matter of the drinking glass always being half full. And if you expect to drop your keys, you probably will sooner than later.

That's because:
2) and when things are going well we have learned to expect a crushing disappointment around the corner.

Guilty as charged!!

So is this dude around? Expected to play any this week? We need our two 4* freshmen to step in and step up this week.

That's because:

And, Boom! Surratt is out for the year.

So is this dude around? Expected to play any this week? We need our two 4* freshmen to step in and step up this week.

Groulx hasn't been mentioned by Clawson in at least a month, probably closer to two, as someone who could play in the 4-game maximum. Donavon Greene will play.

Back