• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nolan Groulx updates????

saltydeac

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info. on the young man as someone on the NCSU thread alluded to some possible off the field concerns??? I really hope not as he sounded like an absolute stud in the mold of a Dortch/Campanaro with great quickness and hands and hadn't heard his name at all over past month or so. Clawson mentioned Greene in today's presser but no Nolan which further caused concern. Hopefully just another case of a bad rumor and we have him and Greene as 2 book ends for years to come, but curious if any good sauces on this board???

Does anyone have any info. on the young man as someone on the NCSU thread alluded to some possible off the field concerns??? I really hope not as he sounded like an absolute stud in the mold of a Dortch/Campanaro with great quickness and hands and hadn't heard his name at all over past month or so. Clawson mentioned Greene in today's presser but no Nolan which further caused concern. Hopefully just another case of a bad rumor and we have him and Greene as 2 book ends for years to come, but curious if any good sauces on this board???

Maybe you can ask Sweet Baby Ray or Texas Pete?

Love the stupid rumors. What the internet is all about. Clawson failed to mention 64 other players so we may be in real trouble. Sauced or not.

Greene wasn’t a bad rumor. He was unhappy a few weeks ago. I was told by a very reliable WFU source in MA. Apparently and understandably, his happiness has increased as his 4 games have finally arrived.

I was hoping to see him by now too.
By the way does anyone know if the ACC championship game or bowl games count towards the 4 games player can play in and still red shirt?
I would assume yes for the ACC championship not sure about bowl games.

He's redshirting so he can only play in up to 4 games. We have 5 or more games left.

He's playing behind up to 3 NFL prospects who are playing almost all the snaps.

I don't know why anyone would expect him to see the field until the Duke game if we blow them out like we did to State.

Greene wasn’t a bad rumor. He was unhappy a few weeks ago. I was told by a very reliable WFU source in MA. Apparently and understandably, his happiness has increased as his 4 games have finally arrived.

I don't understand it. He and Groulx are in a great situation. Redshirting this year can only help them going forward and they haven't played because we've got better more mature talent in front of them that they can learn from, which is really a good thing for us. Now, if we'd got them in one of Clawson's first couple of years, they would've been seeing the field because our offensive skill stunk for the most part. I'm sure it's not the most enjoyable thing to spend a whole season practicing and not playing, but I think the stories of redshirting benefiting a player far outweighs hurting a player, especially in our program.

For those that don't have kids that are 18 to 20, they aren't exactly rational. Logic and reason often has little impact.

Yes, the ACCCG and the Bowl game counts to the 4 game total. Clawson talked today about how the rule should be adjusted to account for that. Sounds like a number of true frosh will see action over the final games of the season.

Hot Sauces: NC State BMDs want to have Doeren fired, but seeing that Florida State is going to be stuck with Kiffin or Mike Ditka, will instead funnel money into GOP gerrymandering in Eastern NC

Last edited:
For those that don't have kids that are 18 to 20, they aren't exactly rational. Logic and reason often has little impact.

Yes, the ACCCG and the Bowl game counts to the 4 game total. Clawson talked today about how the rule should be adjusted to account for that. Sounds like a number of true frosh will see action over the final games of the season.

Nah. The current rule is fair. We don't want Bama and Clemson playing true freshmen for 7 out of 15 games and getting a redshirt for it. That would be abusing the rule.

Nah. The current rule is fair. We don't want Bama and Clemson playing true freshmen for 7 out of 15 games and getting a redshirt for it. That would be abusing the rule.

I feel like if a player helped you to get to 6 wins, or a conference title game, they shouldn't have to sit out the reward because of a rule in flux.

Also, setting rules because 2 teams might benefit SLIGHTLY more is silly. Every team in a bowl game gets more practice time. The better the bowl (in most cases) the more practice time. That's an advantage. Should we just play all the bowls on the same day in the name of fairness?

Let the kids play.

Last edited:

I mean, playing four games -- and not due to injury -- is already a pretty significant bastardization of the idea of redshirting

not that I care -- let the kids play -- but playing three more games doesn't move my "abuse" needle

If Dortch and Sage could handle redshirting I'm pretty sure these two can as well. I've thought from the very beginning that this rule benefitted programs like Wake disproportionately. We have more difficulty building depth, and having our players start a RS-F season with 4 games of experience under their belt is really helpful.

Hot Sauces: NC State BMDs want to have Doeren fired, but seeing that Florida State is going to be stuck with Kiffin or Mike Ditka, will instead funnel money into GOP gerrymandering in Eastern NC

You have NCSU confused with the UNC BOG.

If Dortch and Sage could handle redshirting I'm pretty sure these two can as well. I've thought from the very beginning that this rule benefitted programs like Wake disproportionately. We have more difficulty building depth, and having our players start a RS-F season with 4 games of experience under their belt is really helpful.

I totally agree.

Even Riley Skinner had a tough time his redshirt year, according to his mother. The 4 game rule should make it more tolerable for many players.

I'll leave Nolan alone. I don't want to know what's going on. We could go down the check list of Grades, Substance, Traffic laws, Home sick, Girlfriend. It shouldn't matter to any of us. Show him a picture of our Orange Bowl ring, and it will help. Claw and Donovan seemed to have worked thing out. A 5 minute heart to heart can do wonders.

Greene or Grouix - How is their speed and quickness compared to our other big 3 receivers. Clearly Scotty and Sage are not fast. Will Green and Grouix add another potential dimension to our offense. Such as jet sweeps or Dortch type plays??

Greene or Grouix - How is their speed and quickness compared to our other big 3 receivers. Clearly Scotty and Sage are not fast. Will Green and Grouix add another potential dimension to our offense. Such as jet sweeps or Dortch type plays??

Both are faster but neither is as fast as Claude.

Back