• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

wireless network question

was all set to drop some coin yesterday but gave it one last shot. did a factory reset again and ran through all the checks and it decided to work. Frustratingly, I'm not sure what the difference was between it working and not working.

but we've got some reno coming up in the spring and I think I'm going to upgrade to a mesh system at that time so thanks for the suggestions; i didn't even know the products existed.

One last thing to try perhaps is to make sure your repeater is set to the same channel as your router. Routers often switch channels for optimization, and repeaters can sometimes get left behind.

Depending on the size of the house and the features you're interested in, Orbi can be a better choice than Ubiquiti. For my house which is around 4,300 sqft and 3 stories, the Orbi significantly outperformed Ubiquiti.

If you have kids, the built in Disney Circle on the Orbi is solid for helping to control and filter their access.

Depending on the size of the house and the features you're interested in, Orbi can be a better choice than Ubiquiti. For my house which is around 4,300 sqft and 3 stories, the Orbi significantly outperformed Ubiquiti.

Not even humble.

If you have kids, the built in Disney Circle on the Orbi is solid for helping to control and filter their access.

Yes. We got Orbi months ago and have had 0 problems.

The class warfare on this board has got to end.

What do you even do with that much house unless you have like eight kids?

listen, if I can't get good internet service from the wine cellar (the back of the cellar, where the Estate vintage Cabs are) then heads will roll!

That's not really huge, especially if he's counting his garage.

That's not really huge, especially if he's counting his garage.

it definitely is if he is actually a DC Deac

also, it’s about 2,000 sf bigger than the median American SFH, so, yeah, it’s pretty big

Last edited:
Yeah, that's a big townhouse in the District or the really close suburbs. I'm proud of him.

He may have a heated and air conditioned workshop in there where he watches instructional videos about robotics or fly tying or something.

Back