• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

wireless network question

4'300 with three stories seems pretty awful

but i'm guessing i'd say 4 bedrooms with 5 baths, a large open kitchen/living/dining room with a playroom or 'family room' and possibly an office. maybe includes a finished basement. it would be dumb for two people, very comfortable for 2-3 kids.

must be expensive in /around bethesda

That's TES6 money right there

Holy hell did this blow up. For background, Ubiquiti setups are good for covering large areas but don't perform as well as an Orbi for smaller ones. The cutoff is around 5,000 square feet. I personally tested both of them and am not just going off reviews, hence I mentioned it was my house and the size.

Our house is far from ridiculous. Maybe it sounds crazy because we have a finished basement that has the requirements to be counted as square footage - but the WiFi covers it so I used that number. The vast majority of people I know with 2+ kids have equal or bigger places than us, and it's basically the same size house I grew up in as a middle class Atlanta kid which was also not crazy. I've posted plenty of times about moving from a townhouse in Alexandria that we outgrew, it's really nothing that abnormal. Pretty medium for our neighborhood.

Anyway, no that doesn't count the garage. No maple fridge. We do have gigabit FiOS which is awesome and Orbi crushed the Ubiquiti (and Google WiFi) performance numbers. Yes I'm a monster, but my kids so far are not and the schools here are much better than in Alexandria. We barely have any yard although I don't know if that stokes or eases the outrage.

I think you did a good job of defending yourself for having a nice house.

I had to Google that... That's the realm of the cooler DCDeacon I think.

DCDeacon = video games
DCDeac = high end electronics

Holy hell did this blow up. For background, Ubiquiti setups are good for covering large areas but don't perform as well as an Orbi for smaller ones. The cutoff is around 5,000 square feet. I personally tested both of them and am not just going off reviews, hence I mentioned it was my house and the size.

Our house is far from ridiculous. Maybe it sounds crazy because we have a finished basement that has the requirements to be counted as square footage - but the WiFi covers it so I used that number. The vast majority of people I know with 2+ kids have equal or bigger places than us, and it's basically the same size house I grew up in as a middle class Atlanta kid which was also not crazy. I've posted plenty of times about moving from a townhouse in Alexandria that we outgrew, it's really nothing that abnormal. Pretty medium for our neighborhood.

Anyway, no that doesn't count the garage. No maple fridge. We do have gigabit FiOS which is awesome and Orbi crushed the Ubiquiti (and Google WiFi) performance numbers. Yes I'm a monster, but my kids so far are not and the schools here are much better than in Alexandria. We barely have any yard although I don't know if that stokes or eases the outrage.

it's still 2,000 sf larger than the average Amerian house, so it's pretty fucking big

probably also has many leather bound books

Off topic at this point I guess but I've had the eero system for a year or so and haven't touched it since the day I turned it on.

Off topic at this point I guess but I've had the eero system for a year or so and haven't touched it since the day I turned it on.

That was the other one I looked at when I got my Orbi. Seems like a solid system as well.

Like DCDeacon’s.

bumping this thread. and enjoyed the 4300 sf house convo.

i have at&t gigabit but my DL speeds on wifi range from like 50mps to 100mps when i test it and it seems to fart out on me every now and again for a moment in video calls. it tests well when connected directly to the modem so i suppose it's getting the bandwidth needed, just failing on the wifi. if i order this will all my problems be solved?

https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Orbi...ectronics&sprefix=orbi,electronics,147&sr=1-2

my house is a mere 2600 sf so if there is a cheaper yet solid alternative to this i'm game to hear it.

Back