• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How much would you donate to pay off Danny Manning's buyout?

How much would you donate to get rid of Danny?

• Nothing, the AD has lost me forever

Votes: 26 36.1%
  • $1 dollar

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • $10 dollars

• $100 dollars

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • $1000 dollars

• More than $1K, fuck Manning

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Zero, zip, nada, zilch.

Hell, MSD should pay US for their decade of negligence. :mad:

zero. don’t care that much about college aged people playing sports.

$0 but not voting that option because the AD hasn’t lost me forever. BBall has for the foreseeable future. I was always a football first guy and now that we have sustained competitive teams in that then I’m happy. B-ball was fun when we were good. I still watch but I didn’t care at all that we lost last night. 10 years ago I would’ve been mad but it will take a lot to get me back to actually caring.

I'm just mad that we have a self imposed death penalty for basketball.

Instead of buying him out, which is just a euphemism for paying someone 8-figures not to work while simultaneously asking alumni to part with their hard earned cash and telling said alumni to go fuck themselves whenever criticism of the resulting product is warranted and given...

If wakelaw13 was the AD: complete transparency and honesty. Admit that my predecessor agreed to perhaps the worst contract in University history. Admit that contract, coupled with the previous hire, are a large reason why he isn't around any longer. Disclose the contract. Disclose the buyout. Then, explain that I am totally unsatisfied with the job Manning has done thus far. It falls far below our expectations as an athletic department. However, I don't believe it's fair to our University, alumni, donors, and fans to pay this failure a whopping amount of money not to work. Instead, we have given him two options. He can stay and fulfill the remainder of his contract. If he choses to stay, I sincerely hope that he succeeds. However, I have offered him a release from the current contract and expressed that I will accept his resignation should it be tendered.

I know this never ever happens. I fully expect the result would be Manning stays for 1-2 more years. But the fanbase would know where the AD stands. Manning would know his time is coming to an end. Hell, he may seek out another job over the combination of embarrassment and the desire to continue coaching somewhere he has a chance. And hopefully, the disgust over the basketball program would stop affecting other sports. I fully believe our football attendance has been suffering because of that, and it's not fair to Clawson and that team.

#slowclap - more than how shitty we've been, what really grinds my gears is having these Jos A Bank sportcoat wearing mother fuckers just lie right in our face while they're counting the money.

Lol zero. Clean up your own shit. Wake just raised a billion dollars so they could fill a swimming pool with cash or something, use some of that.

As much as I’m going to spend on tickets. Zero dollars.

Probably $1.

It infuriates me that we're here... The Manning extension is indefensible and the refusal to fire him after last season was a slap in the face to the fanbase.

So I'd contribute a dollar to help the cause, but fuck those in actual power that have allowed this to continue. They should pay to clean up this mess.

Seriously, anyone think Manning might ever feel enough misery to negotiate his way out of his contract? He has to know how much the fan base detests him. Money aside, how do you show up each day and watch yourself fail and fail again.

I am hopeful that specific performance requirements and a specific negotiated buyout have been agreed to when Manning fails to meet those requirements.

Reminds me of all these "heartwarming" stories about kickstarters for people with suffocating medical bills receiving donations from strangers. Yeah, that's cool and all, but how bout we fix the source of the fucking problem instead?

I am hopeful that specific performance requirements and a specific negotiated buyout have been agreed to when Manning fails to meet those requirements.

You are assuming a competent athletic department which we do not have.

Back