• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Columbia Lions ACCN Extra - Sunday 2 pm

Which would you rather do Sunday ?

A - Go to the game

B - Rake the leaves

C - Take a nap

At least offer three equivalent options ...

A - Go to the game

B - Have a colonoscopy

C - Spend the day with Ron Wellman

Nice ticket giveaway thru WF Baptist health. Show an ID and get 4 free ones.

Nice ticket giveaway thru WF Baptist health. Show an ID and get 4 free ones.
The patients & their families are already suffering enough being in the hospital, why does WF have to try to worsen their torment with Wake bball?

(Yes, I know the promotion is actually for WFBH employees)

My favorite team will be Columbia on Sunday.

Wait for it

With the excitement building (ok, crumbling) for this WF basketball season, here is the preview of the Deacs 2nd opponent -- The Columbia Lions of the Ivy League

2019-20 Outlook: Columbia finished last season 10-18 (5-9 7th), but the Lions looked like an ascending team as Columbia expected to return 4 starters from the 2018-9, plus leading scorer from 2017-8, Mike Smith, was back from a torn meniscus that caused him to miss all, but 7 games from last season. The pre-season wasn't kind to the Lions as Columbia's two returning all-Ivy players are currently not available. Gabe Stefanini who led the Ivy League in assists and averaged 13 ppg last year a foot issues and is out until at least January. Then, on the eve of the start of the season, Lion Center, 6-10 Patrick Tape (from Matthews, NC) announced he would transfer (WF?). As a result, Columbia has started this season short-handed. Columbia's current KP is #158, but that ranking is likely to drop in light of their personnel losses.

The season so far: Columbia opened their season on Tuesday at Lafayette (a low end Patriot League team - #245), and lost 65-63. Columbia trailed almost the entire 2nd half and were down 12 with 11 minutes to go. Columbia made a late run, but missed a 3 with 14 seconds left and lost by 2. 5-11 G Mike Smith (2018 leading scorer) led Columbia with 22 (2 for 6 from 3), and 6-7 C Ike Nweke was the only other Lion player in double figures with 12 points; he also led Columbia in rebounding with 7. Columbia's other 3 starters are 6-7 F Randy Brumant, 6-5 Jake Killingsworth and 6-3 Tai Bibbs. Lafayette shredded Columbia on the boards outrebounding the Lions 37-27. Columbia did force 22 Lafayette turnovers. Columbia shot poorly from deep (26%), but it appears all, but the Center Nweke, shoot from deep. Columbia spread its minutes among 9 players with 8 getting 11 minutes or more.

The prediction: KP projects a riveting 78-69 WF win. WF is a bigger, healthier and more talented team. So, the Deacs should coast right? If the game was decided on talent alone, of course, but what edges WF possesses in size and basketball talent, it gives up in preparation and execution. So, I guess WF will win, but WF has lost to far worse teams in recent seasons. Tune on Sunday to find out.

BTW, after the BC loss, KP has revised its final regular season record for WF to 11-17 and 6-14. Can not wait.... for it to be over...

Some little white guy will torch the DEACS for 30.

Can we please just end these stupid reports and eliminate all BB threads until FB season is over.

Who cares???

according to the ESPN app we are 7 point home dogs. To fucking Columbia.

There is no line on the game yet.

The ESPN app is not a reliable source for these things.

We may very well lose by 7 (or more), but that won’t be the spread.

I think it's backwards, because it also has Wake with a 77% win prediction.
9dad33f4159c57fdd50584f45eecfbc6.jpg

I'm mad the Panthers got moved to 4:30 so I feel l obligated to watch.

I think it's backwards, because it also has Wake with a 77% win prediction.
9dad33f4159c57fdd50584f45eecfbc6.jpg

NCAAB lines mostly come out the night before the games.

WFU/Columbia isn’t a game that would have a look ahead line a few days in advance.

NCAAB lines mostly come out the night before the games.

WFU/Columbia isn’t a game that would have a look ahead line a few days in advance.
Yeah, but the ESPN app does list a line for some reason.
5f44d7031014485c424c0953fbc0749c.jpg

Which would you rather do Sunday ?

A - Go to the game

B - Rake the leaves

C - Take a nap

Wake is giving free tickets to military vets and their families and to anyone who works for Wake Forest Baptist Health. They must be desperate to fill the place.

Back