• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Columbia Lions ACCN Extra - Sunday 2 pm

bitter

light

and old

all cynicism asides, can the administration do math?

$40 per ticket and concessions x average of 4000 empty seats (due to lack of watchable basketball -- adjust as needed) x 15 home basketball games = $2.4mm per year; $18mm buyout or whatever / $2.4 = 7.5 year payback (before even considering what Deacon club participants kick in. This doesn't include any merchandise losses or other intangibles such as Deacon club donations. And the $18 should be able to be negotiated down, if it is a real number and you have a competent negotiator (big assumptions).

-- trying to be conservative in my assumptions, think some of these reduce the payback even more

Last edited:
Up by one at the half, so there's that at least. First I've watched the boys this year, and I really don't think they are capable of winning more than 1 or 2 conference games this year. No leadership, either on the floor or from the bench. No hope to be had, here ... :(

Up by one at the half, so there's that at least. First I've watched the boys this year, and I really don't think they are capable of winning more than 1 or 2 conference games this year. No leadership, either on the floor or from the bench. No hope to be had, here ... :(

Are there other ACC teams bad enough that we can win a conference game or two?

What the fuck is that defensive rotation? Good lord we are so dumb.

I figured even this trainwreck would nut up and handle Columbia at home.

This is quite possibly the worst coached team in the history of major college basketball.

So for real is there some point where we can Danny mid-season? What if we start 0-10? I know Chill isn’t the answer long term but why not let him see the season out, coach his kid and at least put some energy into things?

The ability to use 13 guys including walk ons and develop zero continuity is truly trait of special coaching!!

So for real is there some point where we can Danny mid-season? What if we start 0-10? I know Chill isn’t the answer long term but why not let him see the season out, coach his kid and at least put some energy into things?
Truthfully, I still actually think there might be one. 0-10 would likely be a possibility. After all with the new schedule rules, we would [and already DO] have losses to ACC opponents.
So, it would be hard to simply hide behind "it was just a rough OOC schedule."
Starting with ten straight losses would HAVE to be a gut check at long last to the "Powers that Be."

Mind you, I also think I might be pissing into the wind hoping for even that scenario. :/

Last edited:
God we suck so bad.

Forrest with a turnover to Wake Forest in a 1 point game....oh, the irony....

Oh, and Columbia lost its first game, too, like us....to Lafayette

Last edited:
Back