• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Boogie and/or Newman return next year

berneses

Reaction score
Any inside information on whether one or both will be back next year? Boogie was terrific yesterday and Newman has played great most of this year.

Seems like a lot depends on how our season play out, particularly for Newman. Everyone has massive recency bias when evaluating players - if we are frisky against Clemson and he returns to form against Dook, 'Cuse and bowl game i could see him rolling the dice like Dortch. He's going to have a new group of receivers and some changes in the OL so now might be the time to get out. Surratt might bounce too, though hard to see how we projects in NFL. Maybe more tight end.

Not an expert but I'd be surprised if Boogie or Sage came back. Newman depends heavily on if his stock rises and how he looks on postseason workouts. I think he'll be back.

Boogie is likely gone and rightfully so. He is a fringe first rd prospect. As mentioned earlier, with Newman, it depends on the next 4 games. I think he’ll put his name in, talk to some scouts, and evaluate. In my opinion, I think he’ll end up leaving because I feel like he will get the same feedback boogie will. Surratt I think will also test the waters, but unless he gets a first round lock (unlikely) I think he stays for one more year. I have heard that he really wants to get his degree

Not an expert buI am nots t I'd be surprised if Boogie or Sage came back. Newman depends heavily on if his stock rises and how he looks on postseason workouts. I think he'll be back.

I am not sure it is possible for Newman to finish out the season good enough to hide yesterday.

I have it on good authority that Washington and Hinton won’t return. Gonna be time for those highly touted freshmen to step up.

I have it on good authority that Washington and Hinton won’t return. Gonna be time for those highly touted freshmen to step up.

Won’t return this season? Or won’t return after the season because they’re seniors?

Jamie is still a bit raw and needs another year to develop a touch.

I was trying to be funny. And was to big a dipshit to think about injury issues. My b.

Jesus h Christ mako. I was just reading your post on the pit about twerking God and was thinking man, this guy has got his life together. Then you pull this madness!

I’ve noticed that 70s Deacs have given Newman a short leash to work with. The dude will make a bad read or overthrow a pass and boomers are outraged ready to put Hartman in. No big deal that he has some of the best numbers for a QB in Wake history.

I’ve noticed that 70s Deacs have given Newman a short leash to work with. The dude will make a bad read or overthrow a pass and boomers are outraged ready to put Hartman in. No big deal that he has some of the best numbers for a QB in Wake history.

That’s because we’re racists and would prefer a white QB.

That’s because we’re racists and would prefer a white QB.

Ah makes sense.

To be serious, Basham is NFL ready as is Sage. Jamie could do himself a favor and come back and develop. He'd get plenty of attention based on this season and with his size and numbers he'd get a good look next year.

I don’t know if Newman needs to come back to be better prepared for the NFL but the NFL needs to be better prepared about him. It really helps QBs to be on the radar early. If he doesn’t leave, he will be one of the top QBs listed for 2021. Those guys get a ton of attention and it’s hard to move them off that list (see Jordan Love).

It’s not as big of a deal for most positions aside from money but the difference between being a late round QB and first round QB is huge in terms of getting a commitment from the franchise and time to develop and getting an early extension.

Back