• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Question about Currie's "From the Quad"

Sgt Hulka

Board Big Toe
Reaction score
I see that Currie has an "On The Quad" thing going on on Twitter. Is this actually a Q/A with students or just a clever euphemism for him pretending to be on the quad interacting with students and fans?

It’s a regular email updating all that’s happening at Wake. As far as interacting with students, he has been meeting with groups since he got the job and has also put together a student advisory council.

You’d Know that if you read the email.

I feel bad for the players. No fan support, no board support, only negative comments. If Manning is gone after this year it's had to think anything will change much unless the new hire is some superstar big name. I sent and email from the link from "from the quad" (I received via email) and addressed it to Currie. Almost certainly it will never reach him. I tried to present level headed comments and some understanding of his circumstances trying not to pile on. I'm sure it is one of hundreds he has received and will continue to receive during the season. Just needed to feel like I added my 2 cents. I feel better now.

I feel bad for the players. No fan support, no board support, only negative comments. If Manning is gone after this year it's had to think anything will change much unless the new hire is some superstar big name. I sent and email from the link from "from the quad" (I received via email) and addressed it to Currie. Almost certainly it will never reach him. I tried to present level headed comments and some understanding of his circumstances trying not to pile on. I'm sure it is one of hundreds he has received and will continue to receive during the season. Just needed to feel like I added my 2 cents. I feel better now.

Why should anyone support Wake Basketball right now? People will rally around a good hire, and the majority of people know what constitutes a good hire. If Currie can't make a good hire, that's on him. You sound like a pussy making excuses for the dumpster fire shitshow that the whole world is either laughing at or feels so apathetic towards they forgot Wake even has a basketball team.

Why should anyone support Wake Basketball right now? People will rally around a good hire, and the majority of people know what constitutes a good hire. If Currie can't make a good hire, that's on him. You sound like a pussy making excuses for the dumpster fire shitshow that the whole world is either laughing at or feels so apathetic towards they forgot Wake even has a basketball team.

If writing an email to Currie that doesn't start off with "do you know what a shitshow program we have" or something similar makes me a pussy, fine. I guess we have different ways to approach things.

Competent coaching and some indication that we are building something and people will start paying attention again.

Well see this a relatively objective analysis and action being related to many radicals on a runaway board. Can’t have calm measures being taken here.

If writing an email to Currie that doesn't start off with "do you know what a shitshow program we have" or something similar makes me a pussy, fine. I guess we have different ways to approach things.

Maybe something like:

Dear John, welcome back to MSD. We are glad to have you, a true alumni success story, leading our Athletic Department and kudos for some early steps you have taken to get the fans and local community galvanized (in particular, efforts for home football games). We will need something very special for Duke - few students, holiday, cold weather, drubbing losses to VT and Clemson, likely - and I know you are on top of that. That remains a BIG game.

With regard to men's basketball, the fan base has suffered long enough (Jeffy Buzz and now Manning). Please speak to Hatch and the Board of Trustees and work with them to handle this, when appropriate.

There is no counter argument or excuse. Just sit down at a non-Duke/UNC home game, 5 minutes into the game, and look around the Joel.

Thank you,

Every single Wake Forest basketball fan and alumni.

Maybe something like:

Dear John, welcome back to MSD. We are glad to have you, a true alumni success story, leading our Athletic Department and kudos for some early steps you have taken to get the fans and local community galvanized (in particular, efforts for home football games). We will need something very special for Duke - few students, holiday, cold weather, drubbing losses to VT and Clemson, likely - and I know you are on top of that. That remains a BIG game.

With regard to men's basketball, the fan base has suffered long enough (Jeffy Buzz and now Manning). Please speak to Hatch and the Board of Trustees and work with them to handle this, when appropriate.

There is no counter argument or excuse. Just sit down at a non-Duke/UNC home game, 5 minutes into the game, and look around the Joel.

Thank you,

Every single Wake Forest basketball fan and alumni.

This is very close to the email I sent. The above will certainly be more likely read by those who really need to see it. I suspect most of the emails get screened first and the email starting off in a tirade are just deleted without reading fully.

Back