Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Question about Currie's "From the Quad"

  1. #1

    Question about Currie's "From the Quad"

    I see that Currie has an "On The Quad" thing going on on Twitter. Is this actually a Q/A with students or just a clever euphemism for him pretending to be on the quad interacting with students and fans?

  2. #2
    Itís a regular email updating all thatís happening at Wake. As far as interacting with students, he has been meeting with groups since he got the job and has also put together a student advisory council.

    Youíd Know that if you read the email.

  3. #3
    I feel bad for the players. No fan support, no board support, only negative comments. If Manning is gone after this year it's had to think anything will change much unless the new hire is some superstar big name. I sent and email from the link from "from the quad" (I received via email) and addressed it to Currie. Almost certainly it will never reach him. I tried to present level headed comments and some understanding of his circumstances trying not to pile on. I'm sure it is one of hundreds he has received and will continue to receive during the season. Just needed to feel like I added my 2 cents. I feel better now.
    #whynotjamie

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDeacsGo View Post
    I feel bad for the players. No fan support, no board support, only negative comments. If Manning is gone after this year it's had to think anything will change much unless the new hire is some superstar big name. I sent and email from the link from "from the quad" (I received via email) and addressed it to Currie. Almost certainly it will never reach him. I tried to present level headed comments and some understanding of his circumstances trying not to pile on. I'm sure it is one of hundreds he has received and will continue to receive during the season. Just needed to feel like I added my 2 cents. I feel better now.
    Why should anyone support Wake Basketball right now? People will rally around a good hire, and the majority of people know what constitutes a good hire. If Currie can't make a good hire, that's on him. You sound like a pussy making excuses for the dumpster fire shitshow that the whole world is either laughing at or feels so apathetic towards they forgot Wake even has a basketball team.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by netflixnchildres View Post
    Why should anyone support Wake Basketball right now? People will rally around a good hire, and the majority of people know what constitutes a good hire. If Currie can't make a good hire, that's on him. You sound like a pussy making excuses for the dumpster fire shitshow that the whole world is either laughing at or feels so apathetic towards they forgot Wake even has a basketball team.
    If writing an email to Currie that doesn't start off with "do you know what a shitshow program we have" or something similar makes me a pussy, fine. I guess we have different ways to approach things.
    #whynotjamie

  6. #6
    Competent coaching and some indication that we are building something and people will start paying attention again.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDeacsGo View Post
    I feel bad for the players. No fan support, no board support, only negative comments. If Manning is gone after this year it's had to think anything will change much unless the new hire is some superstar big name. I sent and email from the link from "from the quad" (I received via email) and addressed it to Currie. Almost certainly it will never reach him. I tried to present level headed comments and some understanding of his circumstances trying not to pile on. I'm sure it is one of hundreds he has received and will continue to receive during the season. Just needed to feel like I added my 2 cents. I feel better now.
    Well see this a relatively objective analysis and action being related to many radicals on a runaway board. Canít have calm measures being taken here.

  8. #8
    Broderick Hicks
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Big Lick, NC
    Posts
    3,492
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDeacsGo View Post
    If writing an email to Currie that doesn't start off with "do you know what a shitshow program we have" or something similar makes me a pussy, fine. I guess we have different ways to approach things.
    Maybe something like:

    Dear John, welcome back to MSD. We are glad to have you, a true alumni success story, leading our Athletic Department and kudos for some early steps you have taken to get the fans and local community galvanized (in particular, efforts for home football games). We will need something very special for Duke - few students, holiday, cold weather, drubbing losses to VT and Clemson, likely - and I know you are on top of that. That remains a BIG game.

    With regard to men's basketball, the fan base has suffered long enough (Jeffy Buzz and now Manning). Please speak to Hatch and the Board of Trustees and work with them to handle this, when appropriate.

    There is no counter argument or excuse. Just sit down at a non-Duke/UNC home game, 5 minutes into the game, and look around the Joel.

    Thank you,

    Every single Wake Forest basketball fan and alumni.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •