• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donavon Greene

Greene had a solid and at times spectacular 4 game start to his career. The best is yet to come...

He got banged around a good bit, didn't spring right back up which is typical for younger guys realizing the size, pace and ferocity each play, but did keep coming back out there for more. He made great efforts on even some seriously mis-thrown balls. Very excited about the double outside threat next year.

With him on one side and Sage on the other, we should throw a lot of deep and mid-deep balls.

Nope. Two runs up the middle, followed by a screen pass to the slot teceiver.

Sage and Donovon are a very exciting duo. Hope Nolan is ready to contribute next season as well. More four stars the better!

Hopefully we get three years from Greene. On Sundays he’ll be the real deal.

BTW, he was grabbed on what could have been a winning TD. I know it was quick, but fractions of a second can be the difference in a reception on a sprint fly or post pattern. Ball was 2 steps beyond his reach, about .2 seconds off. A quick grab will slow a WR down .2 seconds.

Last edited:
After watching the Ohio St and MSU DBs get away with grabbing and holding on almost every pass play, perhaps our DBs are playing too cleanly.

BTW, he was grabbed on what could have been a winning TD. I know it was quick, but fractions of a second can be the difference in a reception on a sprint fly or post pattern. Ball was 2 steps beyond his reach, about .2 seconds off. A quick grab will slow a WR down .2 seconds.

Agreed - that ball was on time if he wasn't held on that play.

so, why didn't Scotty play after dressing and doing warmups? They had 3 weeks to evaluate and make a decision. Should not have been a game time call.

wouldn't put it past Clawson to have been angling for the tiniest advantage by keeping MSU thinking he was playing

After watching the Ohio St and MSU DBs get away with grabbing and holding on almost every pass play, perhaps our DBs are playing too cleanly.

Virginia Tech did same thing and see how that worked for us, in fact it appeared that MSU looked at tech video and copied it Ran some of the same plays in fact. And yes, Greene was held on that last pass just enough to keep him from the ball.

wouldn't put it past Clawson to have been angling for the tiniest advantage by keeping MSU thinking he was playing

Clawson has been vague all season about the status of injured players. He only gives out the information required by NCAA policy.

Injury reports are a perfect example of the NCAA's hypocrisy. Injury reports are for gamblers. There's no other real reason.

Please don't tell me about game planning. You don't have the right to know what plays a team is going to use against you if they are healthy. Why should they be required to tell you if someone isn't healthy?

Got to Yankee Stadium early, and watched Scotty in warmups. He looked great. No limping; ran full speed on a variety of routes (BTW, he is huge; those watching, who didn't know WF football, were all asking "who is that guy?"; he stood out). Based on what I saw, guessing that Scotty elected to not play. Could be wrong, but guessing that he didn't want to aggravate the injury before pro-workouts.

Injury reports are a perfect example of the NCAA's hypocrisy. Injury reports are for gamblers. There's no other real reason.

Please don't tell me about game planning. You don't have the right to know what plays a team is going to use against you if they are healthy. Why should they be required to tell you if someone isn't healthy?

Agree. College teams aren't required, and if fact, they are not allowed to.

HIPAA privacy rules now prohibit the public release of information about an individual's health (which include football injuries without the individual's consent). The NFLPA has collective bargained on behalf of pro football athletes to allow the public release of certain "football related" injuries. There is no college football players union; so, unless a college player elects to reveal the nature/details of his injury, a school/coach is technically prohibited from disclosing that information. A coach can say a certain player is unavailable, but nothing beyond that.

Got to Yankee Stadium early, and watched Scotty in warmups. He looked great. No limping; ran full speed on a variety of routes (BTW, he is huge; those watching, who didn't know WF football, were all asking "who is that guy?"; he stood out). Based on what I saw, guessing that Scotty elected to not play. Could be wrong, but guessing that he didn't want to aggravate the injury before pro-workouts.

I'll echo this. I was pretty excited to see Scotty warm up. He, Donavon and Kendall would have been difficult for the MSU DB's. Hard to effectively cover all three.

Surprised not to hear his number called in first half. Shocked to see him in just a tee shirt at halftime warmups.

Very disappointed we did not see a single play using Hinton as a passer. I get that Clawson is a "we do what we do" kind of coach but for gods sake can we not integrate at least 1 trick play in his offense?

also, watching the team in person for the first time, I don't see how Claude got so many snaps

dude just doesn't get open ever

Back