• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donavon Greene

Donovan is a freshman this year, his third year at WF. He has 3 more years after this year, but the NFL will likely want him after another year or 2. If he can play this year without risking the recovery he has made, it makes sense to play.

Why not just keep him on the sidelines for the rest of the year and get a medical redshirt for him?

If he plays Saturday he will do so as a redshirt freshman and have three years of eligibility remaining. If he is able and he is needed you play him. All hands on deck. Never get conservative with a championship opportunity pending the result. Never. Ever. Open the entire playbook. Fight for every call on the field.

Yes but with the injury I believe he qualifies to receive a medical redshirt to get another year of eligibility if I’m not mistaken.

With a true redshirt year and a covid redshirt year already, he’s already eligible to be at Wake for 6 years. Holding him out of the rest of this year (if he’s actually healthy) isn’t worth potential eligibility for a 7th year that he likely would not stick around for.

I think he’d be eligible for a medical redshirt by playing fewer than four games.

I could see him come back in 5 weeks for a big bowl game, only if his knee wasn't bad at all in the first place. Don't ACLs typically take 7-12 months?

Typically not if a non-medical redshirt has already been used. You apply for the medical redshirt to get a 6th year if two years were lost to injury.

With a true redshirt year and a covid redshirt year already, he’s already eligible to be at Wake for 6 years. Holding him out of the rest of this year (if he’s actually healthy) isn’t worth potential eligibility for a 7th year that he likely would not stick around for.

He would not and will not stick around that long. Correct.

Play him.

A rumor. Highly, highly doubtful he plays.

If he played D or any other immediate position of need I could see. WR is the position we have to worry about least on this team.

Donovan is a freshman this year, his third year at WF. He has 3 more years after this year, but the NFL will likely want him after another year or 2. If he can play this year without risking the recovery he has made, it makes sense to play.

This is the correct response.

I think he’d be eligible for a medical redshirt by playing fewer than four games.

the games have to be before the injury — you can’t return and qualify for a medical redshirt. the rules have loosened since the ben mauk years IIRC, so you are able to take a standard redshirt and then medical redshirt (looks like JeVionte Nash will be doing that for next year)

That said agree with the sentiment that Greene won’t be here for 7 years regardless and we should get him on the field if possible since Greene makes us a better team. Just getting him on the field this week likely makes him more prepared to contribute in a possible ACC championship game.

Other factor is that he’s probably the best KR guy on the roster so he could make an impact there even without playing WR.

Back