• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donavon Greene

Some dude asked for my source of information. I was simply responding to his inquiry. Like I said, we’ll see what happens on Saturday. I agree that it’s not that important who starts. I was told Donavon is starting, so I posted it. CO then posted that I’m a troll because he just heard Clawson say otherwise. Apparently, my sources were wrong.

I regret using the word "trolling." Just thought it was strange that the depth chart was released in the morning and you were posting 6 hours later that Donavon would start. As I think I've noted, though, the depth chart has become increasingly meaningless in the past few weeks. CBS wasn't on it last week and took 15 snaps. The O-line backups are almost all not going to be the first replacement for the position they're listed at.

So, if Donavon does wind up starting against Clemson, props. If not ... no worries.

Or they’ve watched Wake all season and seen Clawson stick to a very tight 5 man rotation. Roberson is the 5th man and he has 5 catches playing behind Hinton who missed a few games.

This is a very good point, though I feel they've stuck to a tight rotation because of how much better Sage and Scotty have been. Could see more -- not total split, just more -- variety and rotation now that you don't have either one of them.

I regret using the word "trolling." Just thought it was strange that the depth chart was released in the morning and you were posting 6 hours later that Donavon would start. As I think I've noted, though, the depth chart has become increasingly meaningless in the past few weeks. CBS wasn't on it last week and took 15 snaps. The O-line backups are almost all not going to be the first replacement for the position they're listed at.

So, if Donavon does wind up starting against Clemson, props. If not ... no worries.

This is a very good point, though I feel they've stuck to a tight rotation because of how much better Sage and Scotty have been. Could see more -- not total split, just more -- variety and rotation now that you don't have either one of them.

I think that definitely explains it. Sage, Scotty, and Hinton are a tier above the 2nd stringers and Claude and Roberson are a tier above the rest.

What we don’t know is if Clawson believes Jones and Perry are a tier above Greene, Groulx, and Morin. Seems possible given those three are true freshmen.

If that’s the case, Clawson could certainly roll with Claude and Hinton most of the time and split snaps between Jones and Perry with Roberson getting a few snaps to relieve Hinton.

I think that definitely explains it. Sage, Scotty, and Hinton are a tier above the 2nd stringers and Claude and Roberson are a tier above the rest.

What we don’t know is if Clawson believes Jones and Perry are a tier above Greene, Groulx, and Morin. Seems possible given those three are true freshmen.

If that’s the case, Clawson could certainly roll with Claude and Hinton most of the time and split snaps between Jones and Perry with Roberson getting a few snaps to relieve Hinton.
That leaves out Greene. The people who told my best friend about Greene starting are really close to the program. They work for WFU in athletics. If Greene hasn’t been getting reps in practice this fall, that would be unfortunate. He’s the by far best run/jump athlete in the WR group and has legit 6’2” height.

I will add that Surratt is the best WR I’ve seen at WF besides Ricky Proehl. He’s a good run/jump athlete with incredible skill , work ethic, toughness and football/overall IQ. I hope Donovan and the other young receivers can use him as a role model.

That leaves out Greene. The people who told my best friend about Greene starting are really close to the program. They work for WFU in athletics. If Greene hasn’t been getting reps in practice this fall, that would be unfortunate. He’s the by far best run/jump athlete in the WR group and has legit 6’2” height.
Let Clawson coach. He's going to play whomever gives us the best chance to win. It's really simple. And who starts is dumb.

Speaking of run/jump athletes, who thinks that we could take 5 members of our football team and defeat the starting 5 on our basketball team?

Duh, an athlete who: 1) runs well 2) jumps well. It’s a commonly used term in athletics.

Dude, I've coached for around 2 decades. I've never heard that term before. I also googled it, and google disagrees with your assertion. But, you do you, boo.

I think it should be a term. It makes sense to me. Some guys can run. Some guys can jump
There are some who cannot do both.

Inform the dictionary!

I think it should be a term. It makes sense to me. Some guys can run. Some guys can jump
There are some who cannot do both.

Inform the dictionary!

To be fair, I don't often get to coach guys that can do either, so it's realistic that it's a thing and no one has ever had the opportunity to use it in conversation with me.

So the WR coach, offensive coordinator, assistant coaches and head coach have chosen to overlook this?

I mean, Renaldo Nehemiah was the #1 hurdler in the world, a spectacular run and jump athlete, and an underwhelming wide receiver because it turns out you need to run actual routes and catch the ball

Sage is a D1 baskeball player right ? That makes him better than 3/4 of our team and apparently unguardable.

Back