• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donavon Greene

Sage is a D1 baskeball player right ? That makes him better than 3/4 of our team and apparently unguardable.

I coached against Sage in high school. He was definitely a D1 player.

IIRC, the first time I came across “run/jump athlete” was in the Poop Sheet many years ago in reference to Robert Siler, who was also a great high school football player. I’ve seen it since, but there are so few football players who are very fast and can jump very high, it’s not a term one would come across. The term is self explanatory. Donavon runs a 4.4 and has a 40 inch plus vertical, so I assumed readers would understand what I was referring to. Whether Donavon has developed the skills required to be a good ACC WR yet remains to be seen, but he should be able to get behind press coverage and elevate to make a contested catch.

run/jump discourse reminds me of 2 high brows arguing over correct pronunciation of a surname of a stranger
neither one knows at all. They both know who they’re trying to talk about but they can’t get past the name.
Everyone agrees what it means to jump and run I hope.

IIRC, the first time I came across “run/jump athlete” was in the Poop Sheet many years ago in reference to Robert Siler, who was also a great high school football player. I’ve seen it since, but there are so few football players who are very fast and can jump very high, it’s not a term one would come across. The term is self explanatory. Donavon runs a 4.4 and has a 40 inch plus vertical, so I assumed readers would understand what I was referring to. Whether Donavon has developed the skills required to be a good ACC WR yet remains to be seen, but he should be able to get behind press coverage and elevate to make a contested catch.

I just wonder how polished he has become as a receiver over the last 10 months. I’m also wondering how much he has developed in a college weight room without basketball practice getting in the way.

Run? Great.
Jump? Great.

What about catch?

I just wonder how polished he has become as a receiver over the last 10 months. I’m also wondering how much he has developed in a college weight room without basketball practice getting in the way.

He was built pretty well when he enrolled last January and he’s gotten bigger. Toughness will be an issue, though. I hope he’s ready.

It is apparent why he was redshirted this season. Lacks the strength to compete for balls

Doesn't look like the toughness is there yet. Got muscled off the ball.

The ball was grossly underthrown. A good pass could have been a TD.

It is apparent why he was redshirted this season. Lacks the strength to compete for balls

Maybe he's a run/jump athlete who needs to work on being more physical.

The ball was grossly underthrown. A good pass could have been a TD.

Y’all are so football illiterate.

Greene was pushed out of bounds, thus the throw had nothing to do with it. Greene was unable to give the play a chance. He will be good, he is just outmatched in this ACC this season.

If you morons saw Greene in person with his shirt off, you would STFU. He got targeted on ONE deep pass after catching two shorter ones and you evaluate his strength on that basis? Geez.

If you morons saw Greene in person with his shirt off, you would STFU. He got targeted on ONE deep pass after catching two shorter ones and you evaluate his strength on that basis? Geez.

Nothing weird here!

I don't think it is that he lacks muscles as much as he needs to develop more toughness and that is something that takes some time when you come from a low level of football competition in high school. I have confidence he will be very good for us next year

This new redshirt rule is great for players like Donovan. He has a few more chances to play this season, after a rough introduction to college football at Death Valley. Most players would struggle like he did. He might show us more against the likes of Duke and Cuse. And in the off season he’ll have a good idea of how to prepare to be a rotation player next year.

This new redshirt rule is great for players like Donovan. He has a few more chances to play this season, after a rough introduction to college football at Death Valley. Most players would struggle like he did. He might show us more against the likes of Duke and Cuse. And in the off season he’ll have a good idea of how to prepare to be a rotation player next year.

He needs to start next year, even if Surratt returns.

Back