• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donavon Greene

Very excited to watch him develop

Has WF ever had a true freshman go for 172 receiving yards?

That is the positive from today, I think Donovan Greene is going to be the real deal. He’s faster than I thought and seems to have great hands. If Sage comes back next year, we’re going to have a lethal pair at WR. If we have somebody that be a good threat at slot, look out.

Great to see him make big catches, get banged around and keep coming back. 7 for 172 yds TD. Rookie of the week in a tough loss.

So is he a rookie this year and he will be a rookie next year too?

So is he a rookie this year and he will be a rookie next year too?

You ever seen that episode of King of Queens where Doug’s parents never wanted to give him bad news when he was growing up, so when his dog Rocky died they kept getting a look a like and they were on like Rocky 4 before he caught on and when he failed Kindergarten they told him he was going to Super Kindergarten. Greene will be a Super rookie next year.

That is the positive from today, I think Donovan Greene is going to be the real deal. He’s faster than I thought and seems to have great hands. If Sage comes back next year, we’re going to have a lethal pair at WR. If we have somebody that be a good threat at slot, look out.

Nolan Groulx

The last time a true freshman went for over 100 was Todd Dixon in 1990. Dixon had 9 receptions for 176 yards and a TD vs Ga Tech.

We’ve had four different WR get over 100 rec yards in a game this season. Don’t think that’s happened before. Definitely haven’t had four different WR get over 140 yards in a game in one season.

Donovan Greene is exactly what I expected. Needed some time on campus due to -0.5A high school ball but was gonna be a stud early one.

Yep greene was very impressive today. Exciting stuff for the future

So we had a QB throw for 350 yards (mostly in one half), and a WR catch for 170 (mostly in one half) - and neither used a year of eligibility. Gotta like that.

So we had a QB throw for 350 yards (mostly in one half), and a WR catch for 170 (mostly in one half) - and neither used a year of eligibility. Gotta like that.

It's actually quite impressive. Hats of to Clawson for achieving that. The new 4 game rule has benefited Wake Forest.

Greene had a solid and at times spectacular 4 game start to his career. The best is yet to come...

He seems to have the tools to play at a very high level. I can’t wait see him and Sage on the field together. KW3 should have space to make big plays, as well, as they stretch the field.
Hopefully, our offense takes a step forward. We have great skill position talent. It’s up to the Oline.

Need local boy Spencer Clapp to step up next season and get bigger and quicker in the off season.

Back