• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke Game Time - 7:30 ACCN

This is the game to attend without tix because there will be plenty available in the lots.

Coming in from Durham for the game. Fortunately made plans to spend the night in Winston regardless of the kickoff time. Duke has gotten their asses beat in 3 of their last 4 games, so hopefully we're catching them at the right time and the offense can start to get back on track.

Claw should put up a poster of Palm trees and sunshine, then a poster of a Bronx subway station then say "Where do you want to spend your Christmas vacation?" BEAT DUKE!

A little too cold in El Paso and Charlotte for palm trees.

Duke's offense has looked putrid lately, almost as bad as ours.

Gotta win Senior Day game with defense.

I saw all sorts of bubble screens, screen passes to backs, snaps to dudes who then pitched to other dudes going the other way - zany stuff - this weekend.

And we went...mesh, mesh, mesh, get Maggio ready.

Whatever happened to the 1:00/1:30 standard Saturday start time of yester-year!?

I could certainly be off on some of the details here, but in the early 80's I attended the Wake/Duke game in Durham when Ben Bennett was their QB and we had Gary Schofield. This was pre-t.v. timeouts and challenges/reviews (plus I'm sure the game was not televised), so a 1:30 game could easily end in under 2 1/2 hrs. Wallace Wade did not have lights at the time, and with both QB's slinging it I'm guessing 30/40 times (a lot in those days) and it being late in the season, the game finished pretty much at sunset.

I remember Ben Bennett beating Clemson in Death Valley in '80 on Mini football give-away day. The end of the game was like a snow storm with these little white footballs covering the field. Can't find anything on YouTube.

Clawson has yet to beat Duke in Winston. We haven't beaten Duke at home since 2010. We won 54-48.

Clawson has yet to beat Duke in Winston. We haven't beaten Duke at home since 2010. We won 54-48.

The year for breaking jinxes is here! He had never won one here after a bye before this year and now Saturday will beat Duke fir the first time in W-S. Now the one about beating Clemson in Death Valley? I should live so long.

The year for breaking jinxes is here! He had never won one here after a bye before this year and now Saturday will beat Duke fir the first time in W-S. Now the one about beating Clemson in Death Valley? I should live so long.

We went from 1976-1992 without beating Clemson at all. Then we beat them on Halloween in 1992, which was when it became clear our team was for real. Amazingly Caldwell beat them in Death Valley the next year.

We also had a long losing streak against UVa something like 1984-2001.

Amazingly Caldwell won twice in Death Valley with two teams that won a combined 5 games

Anyone ever watched a game from the Touchdown Club before- are those tix obtainable?

Duke is banged up. Looks like they may have 3 OL out.

Back