• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke Game Time - 7:30 ACCN

Totally love this attitude. I feel the same way. F' it. I'm coming to this game and I'm going to yell and cheer my butt off for the Deacs as well.

It looks like jccdeac has got you covered for tickets. Nevertheless, I've got two spare tickets, free to anyone who wants them.

Heck yeah, I’m to the point of looking forward to it! Bring it on Mother Nature!!!

Heck yeah, I’m to the point of looking forward to it! Bring it on Mother Nature!!!

I’m digging the attitude on this thread!

Colorado St and Wyoming were on ESPN last night. It was 15 degrees in Laramie and they had a great crowd.

I’m digging the attitude on this thread!

Colorado St and Wyoming were on ESPN last night. It was 15 degrees in Laramie and they had a great crowd.

21K for a school that has enrollment of 10K and most of the alumni base is local.

Even if every diehard Wake fan (including wives and children) nutted it up and went tonight, we will still have crappy attendance at this game

My son just had his wisdom teeth out and wife is saying no way to the game. I have 4 hill seats for free and can meet near Wake. Just let me know.

Go Deacs!!

Anybody have a VPN they recommend for watching on a iPad or iPhone out of the country? I’ve tried Express VPN and it works on my computer but I can’t get it to consistently work on my tablet and phone.

Even if every diehard Wake fan (including wives and children) nutted it up and went tonight, we will still have crappy attendance at this game

It sounds like you are trying to make excuses. I take it you’re not going?

It sounds like you are trying to make excuses. I take it you’re not going?

Nope just stating reality. I am still debating, but my wife and daughter aren't going. So we would be 1 instead of 3.

I doubt there would be more than 20K for this game at 1 PM with good weather.

Nope just stating reality. I am still debating, but my wife and daughter aren't going. So we would be 1 instead of 3.

I disagree. Did you attend the Utah State game? That was a good crowd, with no fans from USU and no history between the schools.

I disagree. Did you attend the Utah State game? That was a good crowd, with no fans from USU and no history between the schools.

Even the UNC game didn't have much more than 25K in attendance with a great student crowd.

I am in my nice warm house packing the car for a long, cold, and wet night. This weather is football weather!

Even the UNC game didn't have much more than 25K in attendance with a great student crowd.

I asked about the USU game.

Since you declined to answer and switched discussion to another game, the UNC game was essentially full, on a Friday night, with over 31,000 there.

Exactly. Our group of 39 tickets in Section 3 will have about 7-9 of us diehards there in the seats. Some are out of town but none of the women folk are coming. They will be about 2 miles down the road in a nice warm house, watching the game & drinking wine right after the tailgate at my office.

I asked about the USU game.

Since you declined to answer and switched discussion to another game, the UNC game was essentially full, on a Friday night, with over 31,000 there.
I was not at the utah state game. I had to work late that night. I was at the unc game. I have been to plenty of wake games with actually 31k fans at the game. The actual people in the attendance at the UNC game was about 25,000. I was sitting on the visitor side with some friends and remarked about how many open seats there were on the home side which is never the case with 30k plus actual attendance. I'd never seen it the case for a hyped-up UNC game before. Based on that I seriously doubt that there were actually 29,000 people at the utah state game and probably more like 23k.

Last edited:

Mine aren’t going either, but I am.

I was not at the utah state game. I had to work late that night. I was at the unc game. I have been to plenty of wake games with actually 31k fans at the game. The actual people in the attendance at the UNC game was about 25,000. I was sitting on the visitor side with some friends and remarked about how many open seats there were on the home side which is never the case with 30k plus actual attendance. I'd never seen it the case for a hyped-up UNC game before. Based on that I seriously doubt that there were actually 29,000 people at the utah state game and probably more like 23k.

I was at the UNC game. It was a virtual sellout and the bank was packed. 31k is about right.

Anybody have a VPN they recommend for watching on a iPad or iPhone out of the country? I’ve tried Express VPN and it works on my computer but I can’t get it to consistently work on my tablet and phone.
Ipvanish is good

I was at the UNC game. It was a virtual sellout and the bank was packed. 31k is about right.

No way. I could have easily walked over to the home side with 4 people and sat up at the 50 yard line towards the tower. The two end sections on the home side were not much more than half full and the next sections over maybe a little better. I was talking to my friends figuring it must be a late arriving crowd on a Friday night and it never g0t much more full.

We were on the visitor side maybe 65% of the way up and there were a lot of open seats all the way around much higher than we were and none of the areas were slam full.

Again, I have been to plenty of Wake games were it was a virtual sellout and there were several thousand less people at the UNC game. I am sure the tickets were sold, but there wasn't that many fans in the seats.

Last edited:
Back