• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke Game Time - 7:30 ACCN

BarcaDeac

Reaction score
Along with the Pitt/VT game

8:00 PM ESPN NC State @ Georgia Tech (Thursday)

12:00 PM RSN Liberty @ Virginia
2:30 PM NBC Boston College @ #15 Notre Dame
3:30 PM RSN Mercer @ North Carolina
4:00 PM ACCN Syracuse @ Louisville
7:00 PM CBSS Miami @ Florida International

Last edited:
Need this to not be a night game please. That's a pretty lousy ACC game slate.

Need this to not be a night game please. That's a pretty lousy ACC game slate.

7:30pm on ACCN is one of the available slots, so you've got a 50/50 shot of it ending up there. My guess is 3:30pm on ESPN2/ESPNU or 7pm on ESPN2 are the other most likely landing spots, based on what has filled in already.

Wouldn't feel right if the Duke game isn't at noon

since I'm flying back that day, landing around 7:00, the night slot would be ok with me.

what are they waiting on from our end, to see if we don't get our asses kicked that bad by Clemson?

since I'm flying back that day, landing around 7:00, the night slot would be ok with me.

what are they waiting on from our end, to see if we don't get our asses kicked that bad by Clemson?

Not just ACC games on hold, a ton of Big 12 and Pac 12 games as well. All part of the puzzle. Plus, the networks have a certain number of 6-day holds they can use each year, so they might just be holding on to a few games just because they can at this point!

Not sure who picks first, but the VT/Pitt game will have a far greater impact on the ACC standings than Duke/WF. Both Duke and WF have been eliminated from winning their respective divisions.

VT plays GT this upcoming week. Assuming VT wins that game, they will be 4-2 in the ACC. Pitt hosts UNC this week, and they are favored, if Pitt wins they will be 4-2 in the ACC. If either team wins this week and both are expected to, the winner will still have a shot at the ACC Coastal (UVA, VT and Pitt all have two losses, but UVA only has VT left among ACC opponents). So, Pitt/VT has the chance to be a mini-playoff game on 11/23. IOW, not sure who picks first between ESPN2 and the ACCN, but absent a series of unlikely results on Saturday (e.g., WF beating Clemson, GT beating VT, UNC winning at Pitt), WF/Duke will fill the leftover spot.

Also, if VT beats GT and Pitt, the UVA/VT game will be for the Coastal title, which would give extra drama to a rivalry game (and which VT has won a million years in a row).

Along with the Pitt/VT game

8:00 PM ESPN NC State @ Georgia Tech (Thursday)

12:00 PM RSN Liberty @ Virginia
2:30 PM NBC Boston College @ #15 Notre Dame
3:30 PM RSN Mercer @ North Carolina
4:00 PM ACCN Syracuse @ Louisville
7:00 PM CBSS Miami @ Florida International

UNC vs. Mercer is part of the College football Chickenshit Saturday line up.

Remember back in the old days when Raycom was forced to show each team twice and they always televised the Wake/Duke game to kill two bad birds with one stone ?

Need 4 tix for daughter and friends coming up from UNCC.

Pretty sure that espn2 gets to pick first. This past week they got to pick louisville/Miami first before Wake/VPI

Hmm, I dunno, don't think it's clear cut that was the better choice. Who's ranked seems to dictate a lot of these decisions

Waiting on ESPN Game Day to come here for the Academic Day slate!!

Don’t like the way this games sets up. Duke will be playing for bowl eligibility ( after beating Syracuse at home), and we all know that Cutcliffe is an asshole , and this will be a revenge game for him. Players will be fired up and it could be a lite Wake crowd before Thanksgiving.

Don’t like the way this games sets up. Duke will be playing for bowl eligibility ( after beating Syracuse at home), and we all know that Cutcliffe is an asshole , and this will be a revenge game for him. Players will be fired up and it could be a lite Wake crowd before Thanksgiving.

Have been thinking about that. The WF 59-7 win over Cutcliffe and Danny Dimes has to be Cut's most humiliating loss as a head coach. He will want to win in Groves. Desperately.

With the Division now out of the picture for WF and a win at Clemson even less likely because of our injury situation, wonder if Clawson will in any way "play the Clemson game with the priority of keeping WF in position to beat Duke". This means holding out players with injuries going with a super conservative gameplan in Tigertown.

Wake Football is hosting a reunion for the game and giving free tickets to former players and staff.

Well of course. The year before they won when it for bowl eligibility for them and we wee already in. Last year we went to their place after their dreaded Clemson beatdown and like most teams after playing Clemson last year, they got pounded by us. Daniel Jones got knocked around early & often and we were in need of the win for our bowl eligibility. It happens. Now they are 4-5 and finish with Cuse, us & Miami. We just need to play our game and take care of business. Carolina beat them. ND pounded them. UVa pounded them. So can we.

Don't know if this is accurate, but according to this website, the ACC has changed the Syracuse @ Louisville game next Saturday from 4:00 pm to TBA. Could be a mistake.

http://theacc.com/calendar.aspx?path=football

Maybe Duke @ Wake Forest at 4:00 pm and Syracuse @ Louisville at 7:30 pm on ACC Network?

Personally, I'm always concerned about the weather for a night kickoff in mid to late November since that 2008 (I think?) game at home against Vanderbilt. It was a W, but that's by far the wettest and coldest I remember being at any football game.

Last edited:
Don't know if this is accurate, but according to this website, the ACC has changed the Syracuse @ Louisville game next Saturday has been changed from 4:00 pm to TBA. Could be a mistake. http://theacc.com/calendar.aspx?path=football

Maybe Duke @ Wake Forest at 4:00 pm and Syracuse @ Louisville at 7:30 pm on ACC Network?

Personally, I'm always concerned about the weather for a night kickoff in mid to late November since that 2008 (I think?) game at home against Vanderbilt. It was a W, but that's by far the wettest and coldest I remember being at any football game.

Weather is supposed to be nice next Saturday mid 50's no rain.

Back