• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: biff brings board balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that there is this 90s noir thriller/crime genre for which Fincher is the standard bearer (see also: Se7en) that are good fun movies, but don't get made much any more

other examples include L.A Confidential and Heat

r/tipofmytongue post here but trying to remember a movie/tv quote- something where a character is maybe saying some Australian words/phrases and then says ...Hugh Jackman. Impossible to google because everything that comes up is actual quotes by him.

“i’ve even been working on my accent. wallaby. didgeridoo. hugh jackman.”

Right in his butthole. It was his birthday and that’s his thing. Jesus, GTB is rubbing off on me. Or rubbing one out on me. No Homo though. Am I doing this right?

Yes. Keep going. I'm almost there.

No homo.

Right in his butthole. It was his birthday and that’s his thing. Jesus, GTB is rubbing off on me. Or rubbing one out on me. No Homo though. Am I doing this right?

Nothing about GTB is “right”.

I agree that there is this 90s noir thriller/crime genre for which Michael Mann is the standard bearer (see also: The Insider) that are good fun movies, but don't get made much any more

other examples include L.A Confidential and Se7en

FIFY

C'mon, Juice!

Watched The Game (1997; Michael Douglas, Sean Penn) this weekend. It was ok. David Fincher. I will endlessly watch movies like this though.

The Game is one of those movies that has been ripped off relentlessly, but that I don't think many people have actually seen (for the reasons ATS brought up). I love it, for the record, but I also feel like I have seen at least 20 inferior versions of The Game in the 20+ years since it debuted.

The Insider is also an absolutely stone-cold classic that everyone should watch and rewatch. Yes. Christopher Plummer as Mike Wallace.

All this talk about Fincher and it popped up for me today that he is apparently developing a prequel to Chinatown for Netflix. I'm curious, but skeptical. Man, I dunno. I'll just choose to forget about it until someone tells me it's gold.

Who plays a young Jake Gittes? I mean, twenty years ago it would have been Christian Slater, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back