• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: biff brings board balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
13 month old “slept” until 7 this morning, but he’s teething so he was up crying off an on for about an hour from 1:30-2:45. Yay parenthood!

As the new parent of a 5 week old, this actually sounds super nice.

The more my kids wake up at night, the fatter I get. For some reason, in my half asleep daze I find it acceptable to shovel handfuls of animal crackers or those little ring butter cookies that we only keep for snacks for the kids into my gullet. I think I have a somnambulistic eating disorder

At this point I'd imagine most any city is going to be a good beer city these days

Pretty clearly not true. Having a lot of breweries doesn’t mean they’re any good.

Winston has like a dozen breweries and none of them are anything special

Hell DC is a completely shit beer town compared to Richmond or Asheville or Portland ME

Pretty clearly not true. Having a lot of breweries doesn’t mean they’re any good.

Winston has like a dozen breweries and none of them are anything special

Hell DC is a completely shit beer town compared to Richmond or Asheville or Portland ME

DC Brau makes some good brews. Wings of Armageddon is one of my all time favorites.

Can we get a definitive ranking of city brewery scenes? Not just eclectic places, but places like Detroit, Charlotte, INDIANAPOLIS

I’m amused that my phone decided to capitalize Indianapolis.

From that list it's dumb that Troeg's didn't even get an honorable mention, and Rhinegeist is categorically not a good brewery, but otherwise that's a good top 50.

Other Half rules and could be higher. Burial is the best NC brewery (though Fonta Flora is making some awesome stuff, it's maybe too new for this list).

After visiting Triple Crossing this past weekend, I gotta say it's overly focused on IPAs. The Veil was vastly superior from our brief visits to both.

The list also seems a little NE heavy but otherwise, I think they did well.

The more my kids wake up at night, the fatter I get. For some reason, in my half asleep daze I find it acceptable to shovel handfuls of animal crackers or those little ring butter cookies that we only keep for snacks for the kids into my gullet. I think I have a somnambulistic eating disorder

Early on, a man is gonna have this happen. Just consider it the foundation for getting into the best shape of your life right before you turn 40. 30-35 is/was exactly as you describe. 36-40 is gonna be me looking like I'm 24, sportin' a freshly shaved hog and shredded abs. Hide yo' wife.

Milwaukee's #1 right. Then Asheville, then Charlotte. Then St. Louis. Then Oregon.

Milwaukee's #1 right. Then Asheville, then Charlotte. Then St. Louis. Then Oregon.

49938.jpg

I, too, was at The Veil in Richmond this weekend... Kind of. Went Thursday night. Also hit up Slingshot, which is duckpin bowling and bocce (which scores itself and is amazing).

Richmond is improving. Can't say I'd want to live there, though.

Talk to me about travel bags.

I need something new.

Ideally, I could cram a suit in there. Basically just a suit, a laptop, and maybe workout gear. Plane friendly.

I'm sick of using a roller-bag. It's a waste of space and a pain in the ass to drag around everywhere.

Talk to me about travel bags.

I need something new.

Ideally, I could cram a suit in there. Basically just a suit, a laptop, and maybe workout gear. Plane friendly.

I'm sick of using a roller-bag. It's a waste of space and a pain in the ass to drag around everywhere.

Couple years ago, I was watching 24/7 about NHL teams preparing for the Winter Classic, and what I remembered most was that all of the players had roll up suit bags, which blew my mind at the time. Skyroll does a nice one, seems close to what you are looking for. Also there is always Tumi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back