• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: biff brings board balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Centurylink processed my payment before I switched internet services, and is still trying to collect a bill that I've already paid. They've turned it over to a collection agency, and I disputed the claim, and now we're kind of in a stalemate with Centurylink validating their side to the collection agency. It's only a $75 dollar bill, so it's really just about the principle of the whole issue. What recourse do I have at this point. Should I threaten with small claims or is there some other magic threat to make them go away. It galls me to think about paying the bill twice because fuck Centurylink and their shit internet and customer service, but should I just take the l and pay the bill? Side note, the bill is in my wife's name, so it won't fuck my credit up, and we have a running contest on credit scores for bragging rights, so this could totally put me way in the lead on that.

Centurylink processed my payment before I switched internet services, and is still trying to collect a bill that I've already paid. They've turned it over to a collection agency, and I disputed the claim, and now we're kind of in a stalemate with Centurylink validating their side to the collection agency. It's only a $75 dollar bill, so it's really just about the principle of the whole issue. What recourse do I have at this point. Should I threaten with small claims or is there some other magic threat to make them go away. It galls me to think about paying the bill twice because fuck Centurylink and their shit internet and customer service, but should I just take the l and pay the bill? Side note, the bill is in my wife's name, so it won't fuck my credit up, and we have a running contest on credit scores for bragging rights, so this could totally put me way in the lead on that.

I had a similar situation around 6 years ago - I protested with every collection agency in writing and via phone; it was transferred among several collection agencies but finally stopped after 3-4 years

if you neither pay nor fight it, your wife will in all likelihood be denied credit to finance a house or car; if you pay late but don't fight it that will also have a negative impact on her credit

I used to have one that you used as a bedroom, but you didn't wash your linens and it smelled too much. So, I threw it out.

Did you let him stay there for free, or was this more of a Townie/Biff Venmo/Paypal situation?

File a complaint with the CFPB.

After he posted about his duffel bag my my train of thought was that I bet he keeps a lot of random shit like old people do, like 10 year old duffel bags.

I just bought that 2 minutes ago using your link. The price is right. I mean it's not $30 over a decade ago, but still a good deal.

Also a fan of Away's stuff. Very light and holds a lot.

Yeah I have an Away (the Bigger Carry-On) that I love as my primary suitcase.

Watched The Game (1997; Michael Douglas, Sean Penn) this weekend. It was ok. David Fincher. I will endlessly watch movies like this though. Wish we made more like them today but now it’s like three studios all doing remakes and shitty comic book blockbusters. I recognize there are still good small shops and a24 and such but damn. Feels like there’s maybe one good movie worth seeing in theaters a year. Am I just being snobby/cynical?

Watched The Game (1997; Michael Douglas, Sean Penn) this weekend. It was ok. David Fincher. I will endlessly watch movies like this though. Wish we made more like them today but now it’s like three studios all doing remakes and shitty comic book blockbusters. I recognize there are still good small shops and a24 and such but damn. Feels like there’s maybe one good movie worth seeing in theaters a year. Am I just being snobby/cynical?

Not snobby... I agree with you.

The Game was a sneaky good movie. I never saw it in the theater (I don't think it was marketed particularly well), but was told months later that it was worth renting. Somehow, I was able to watch it before anything was spoiled.

Hard to believe that could happen now.

I used to have one that you used as a bedroom, but you didn't wash your linens and it smelled too much. So, I threw it out.

That's a rude thing to say about your old roommate, or tenant. Was he constantly late on Venmoing you a check to your PayPal account?

You're a snobby, elitist, millennial. You know this. You just linked a $400 fucking overnight bag. But you're right on point here.

Yeah, the latest Charlie's Angles reboot by Elizabeth Banks opened this weekend with a horrible $8.6 million box office in North America. Stars washed up Kristin Stewart and a couple of nobodies.

this is my regularly scheduled complaint that title services are a total racket

Weird time for this post with Knives Out and Ford v Ferrari coming out in the next couple of weeks, both of which are getting great reviews and seem to be like the kind of movie you're talking about.

My apologies to the good folks at Knives Out and Ford vs Ferrari.

I did think Knives Out looked decent.

What is the best thing Rian Johnson has made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back