• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: biff brings board balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on how deranged the VMs were and his proximity to you, I would have probably called the cops back in the day...

tenor.gif

i feel like replacing a door knob should be simple in theory but in actuality is hard?

I changed the doorknob on my front door a few weeks ago. I was surprised how easy it was. And I'm not handy at all.

Has anyone ever used or heard the term "run/jump athlete"?

It's tough to make a clean break from crazy.

I had an old roommate with borderline personality disorder (not DeacFan2009) among other issues. She was cool 95% of the time but sorta lost it a bit towards the end, in a bad relationship, other health and substance abuse problems, etc. I moved across the state and narrowly avoided getting roped into some legal stuff. The 5% when she was going through the really bad shit was extremely hard to handle. There was frequent contact back and forth for a while and it was made tougher by the fact that I had real sympathy for her and wanted to help but was not in a position to. She had an extremely tough set of life circumstances but graduated from Wake and made a decent life for herself, and I think things are mostly better now.

Is there an easy, free way to find out his record? Like, the shit my one friend told me back in the day is not something he could have swept under the rug, I don't think. It sounds like it included a SWAT team and maybe hostage negotiators and stuff, though I am unsure of the area of the country in which it occurred. Also, he has kind of a common name.

This email was friendly enough, but again, offered no update, just a phone number to call, and I'm wary of him getting my number. Fucking high school drama, man. I'm 40!

lolol this is terrible advice

Dude, but it's a fucking awesome movie. I re-watched Varsity Blues about a month ago. Just a fucking epic time to be alive. It really captures small-town high school life in the 80s and 90s. Yes, there were problems, but no one was all, "fuckin' terrorists and shit, man." Just a boy, a pig, and a game.

It's tough to make a clean break from crazy.

I had an old roommate with borderline personality disorder (not DeacFan2009) among other issues. She was cool 95% of the time but sorta lost it a bit towards the end, in a bad relationship, other health and substance abuse problems, etc. I moved across the state and narrowly avoided getting roped into some legal stuff. The 5% when she was going through the really bad shit was extremely hard to handle. There was frequent contact back and forth for a while and it was made tougher by the fact that I had real sympathy for her and wanted to help but was not in a position to. She had an extremely tough set of life circumstances but graduated from Wake and made a decent life for herself, and I think things are mostly better now.

Related question. Did you bang her? I had 3 female roommates that all started out platonic but ended up sexual, I suppose because at that point we all drank a lot and had similarly low standards. Am I just a piece of shit? Is it possible to live with a reasonably attractive female in your 20's without hooking up?

Related question. Did you bang her? I had 3 female roommates that all started out platonic but ended up sexual, I suppose because at that point we all drank a lot and had similarly low standards. Am I just a piece of shit? Is it possible to live with a reasonably attractive female in your 20's without hooking up?

A question as old as time, that's never had a different answer than, "no."*

Unless it's some beta-cuck chode that just sits in their room fantasizing about how that one day they are going to make a huge romantic gesture and finally roommate X will recognize that she is madly in love with chodester instead of boss Chad^n.

definitely nothing as close as a roommate, but a guy I knew had a full-on conspiracy theory mental breakdown and starting blaming a friend for being a CIA mole and other shit

I didn't really know him well enough to know how to best help him -- tried to find his parents on social media/LinkedIn

it's a pretty tough spot

I may ask a couple of cops that hang at Smack Tea Hut what I can possibly, legally find out. I'm probably overreacting, but part of me thinks this guy somehow feels I ruined his life.

This guy is very, very smart, but was going nowhere and was going to drag my ass down to that level. I probably shouldn't have dropped him, but I was 17/18 and could tell it was going to be bad news (which turned out to be right). It was a choice between hanging out with gutter punk South Tucson kids getting hammered and going to parties that ended up getting busted by full helicopter riot gear cop squads, or foothills rich Tucson kids getting hammered and acid/coke (which I also avoided at the time). I started hanging out with the super rich for the final semester, which wasn't really my scene, either. I somehow got out of there semi-unscathed.

This kid was one of the handful at my school not at next-level wealth, and was the first kid to talk to me at a new school, so I appreciate that and everything, but yeah.

Anyway, happy to liven up the chat thread with non-vacation/breakfast/fruit talk.

I may ask a couple of cops that hang at Smack Tea Hut what I can possibly, legally find out. I'm probably overreacting, but part of me thinks this guy somehow feels I ruined his life.

This guy is very, very smart, but was going nowhere and was going to drag my ass down to that level. I probably shouldn't have dropped him, but I was 17/18 and could tell it was going to be bad news (which turned out to be right). It was a choice between hanging out with gutter punk South Tucson kids getting hammered and going to parties that ended up getting busted by full helicopter riot gear cop squads, or foothills rich Tucson kids getting hammered and acid/coke (which I also avoided at the time). I started hanging out with the super rich for the final semester, which wasn't really my scene, either. I somehow got out of there semi-unscathed.

This kid was one of the handful at my school not at next-level wealth, and was the first kid to talk to me at a new school, so I appreciate that and everything, but yeah.

Anyway, happy to liven up the chat thread with non-vacation/breakfast/fruit talk.

Dude, I have no reason to doubt that you have had such limited contact with the dude for all these years. It's boner-fide crazy to still be fucking around with a dude in his 40s. Like, we're way past the red line at this point. It's super abnormal to still have contact with a high school friend that you've broken it off with outside the occasional (and totally ignored) Facebook "hi."

I humbly submit that no posters gives as gleefully profane rep comments as GTB. I'm consistently amazed. If you're not one of his board bffs, you're really missing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back