• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: biff brings board balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
(note that I'm aware this interpretation was debunked but i'm going with it anyway)

The one where a senile baby boomer takes a "redeye" that lands at 4:30AM.

If someone could superimpose the RJ gif on the wing of an airplane with Shatner looking out the window, they'd deserve all the rep in the history of the board.

Funny story, was watching Liverpool/Man City with my aunt and her special guy friend, and my aunt's special guy friend (he's like 83) heard YNWA and was all "Oh, that's a Pink Floyd song, 'Meddle'," and I was all, "ha, well, it's actually a Rodgers and Hammerstein song from Carousel, later made famous by Gerry and the Pacemakers and adopted by Liverpool fans, but, yes, Pink Floyd included it on their song "Fearless" which is on Meddle; nice pull." And he told me his late wife who passed away maybe 10+ years ago wanted that played at the beginning and end of her funeral. Not YNWA, but "Fearless." Rock and roll.

I did not show him that clip though, which is now what I immediately think of when I hear "Fearless." The best scene in that flick, one of the few good ones? Was kind of disappointed with it, overall.

Last edited:
huh. while a good effort, that is NOT what i was thinking about. Very specific though.

Are you thinking of Laika, the Soviet cosmonaut first dog in space?

really wish wake soccer today wasn't on acc network

Reading the wiki page I didn't realize this episode isn't really available anymore but I had a teacher show me this in high school and always kinda stuck with me. It's a foreign film that was turned into a Twilight Zone episode. This is a shorter edit I found on youtube

Reading the wiki page I didn't realize this episode isn't really available anymore but I had a teacher show me this in high school and always kinda stuck with me. It's a foreign film that was turned into a Twilight Zone episode. This is a shorter edit I found on youtube

And it's not actually even an episode. Serling just showed it. It's actually a French short film.

i have more or less given up on psychedelics but i think my good trip count with lsd was very high whereas mushrooms was much more hit or miss, and everyone else i've talked to has the opposite to say

salvia was a cool one time thing (very short, felt like forever) as was mescalin (very long, felt much shorter)

now i'm just a boring 30something who drinks too much

Do you think you could get in the right headspace now? I often wonder that myself when the opportunity presents itself.

is this the original "dead/dreaming the whole time"?

I have only done acid twice, and I don't think it was good shit, and it had been sitting around for a while. First time was one tab and it came on like some upper -- no real crazy visuals, but it certainly answered some questions. Everything is decaying and we are part of one consciousness, separate from our physical vessels. So that was cool. I mainly just remember feeling INTENSE for four+ hours. Then I ran home in the rain from my buddy's where I was coming down, I sat on my couch and saw a hairy caterpillar on my thigh. I thought AHA! I am hallucinating! But it was just an actual hairy caterpillar.

Second time I did two tabs, but I swallowed them right away rather than waiting for them to dissolve. I kind of felt something coming on, but then I just went to sleep and don't particularly remember anything notable. I think it might have just aged out of potency.

So, I would be up for some legit, confirmed high quality acid, just to do it, despite some iffy headspace I've been occupying most of my life. I'd also do shrooms again in a second even though I'm about at 50% total fun trips and 50% funfunfunohhhhhhhhshit, trips. Although one of those mixed bags also gave me the answer to the universe, which I can't really articulate in any way that would do it justice, but I'll just say what I saw/figured out then wasn't disconfirmed by the acid revelation. SO I think I'm on to something.

Last edited:
Three of us stopped at the Post Office one day. A friend got a ticket to pick up a package at the desk. We went and got it. The address was from his sister at Berkeley. It was canister/tin. She had made some great chocolate chip cookies. As we devoured them, about 2/3 of the way through the tin, we were done. sad and confused.

We tapped what we thought was the bottom and it kinda echoed and realized the bottom wasn't really the bottom. The rest of the tin was filled with clinical acid cubes.

You swallowed the tiny barrel. In few minutes, you were tripping. About five hours later, you were back to normal with no side or ill-effects.

I think the biggest night there were about 30-50 people tripping on campus. Many were on the quad.

When we ran out, I never touched it again knowing I'd never get anything that pure again.

was very much peaking during this set, and i can tell you when trey is playing the antlers thing about an hour in i did not enjoy that

les rips tho and stu is just an animal

I have only done acid twice, and I don't think it was good shit, and it had been sitting around for a while. First time was one tab and it came on like some upper -- no real crazy visuals, but it certainly answered some questions. Everything is decaying and we are part of one consciousness, separate from our physical vessels. So that was cool. I mainly just remember feeling INTENSE for four+ hours. Then I ran home in the rain from my buddy's where I was coming down, I sat on my couch and saw a hairy caterpillar on my thigh. I thought AHA! I am hallucinating! But it was just an actual hairy caterpillar.

Second time I did two tabs, but I swallowed them right away rather than waiting for them to dissolve. I kind of felt something coming on, but then I just went to sleep and don't particularly remember anything notable. I think it might have just aged out of potency.

So, I would be up for some legit, confirmed high quality acid, just to do it, despite some iffy headspace I've been occupying most of my life. I'd also do shrooms again in a second even though I'm about at 50% total fun trips and 50% funfunfunohhhhhhhhshit, trips. Although one of those mixed bags also gave me the answer to the universe, which I can't really articulate in any way that would do it justice, but I'll just say what I saw/figured out then wasn't disconfirmed by the acid revelation. SO I think I'm on to something.

yeah, I'd definitely like to do it again in more well curated company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back