• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: biff brings board balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is gonna have “Rico cures a goth girl” undertones to it, but it’s funny to me so I thought I’d share. As a coach and a male in the school system I go out of my way to make a point of establishing relationships with the fringe and unaccepted in our high school because I see how shitty life often is for them, and they also seem the most likely to become wealthy and famous one day, and buy me a truck or fly me to Hollywood for being cool to them in their vulnerable years. I go out of my way to call out any homophobic bullshit from my players and model acceptance and caring for your peers. I know, I’m hella awesome.

Anyway, this leads to some occasional odd shows of affection. I have a trans youth and two gay students in one of my classes that are inseparable, and spend their free time hanging out with me in between classes and in our version of study hall. It’s cool because they have excellent taste in music and film for high school kids, and I appreciate their perspective on how high school is often bullshit. However, today the chorus teacher found a shrine that they had created to me in the closet in the band room, and freaked out. They had stolen some of my pictures and personal items from around the room, and because I’m unorganized and unobservant during basketball season I didn’t notice. I just got out of a 20 minute meeting In the principal’s office because they were concerned for my safety. I actually kinda found it funny, and flattering, but they’re worried I’m going to end up buried in a field somewhere.

this will just be a funny easter egg in the RPG version of the near-apocolypse

That shrine may have been the only thing keeping you alive, now that flame has been extinguished.

Didn’t want to bump it up a day for the tax benefit?

Or are you trying to max out your deductible first thing?

I haven't had non-hungover fast food breakfast in probably 2 years, but was craving it hard today. I did have 4-5 drinks at a cocktail party last night, so that could have been partly it. There's a Hardees on the same exit as our new office, and I couldn't help but drive thru. All I got was a bacon, egg, and cheese combo (regular size). The price? $6.03! Since when is a fast food breakfast combo $6??? Last I remember, they were mostly like $3.99 plus tax.

Didn’t want to bump it up a day for the tax benefit?

Or are you trying to max out your deductible first thing?

I strenuously discussed this with the OBGYN but it turns out they are pretty unwilling to fuck around with babies unless medically necessary. I'm like "it's 1 day? how big of a deal is that?"

also battling the skeleton crew of NYE day/'night - I guess it's basically the C squad on deck and they don't schedule anything except emergencies

I mean, I totally get it, but there is something twisted about being forced to consider the timing of a baby for tax/health insurance purposes

still, congrats to the ITC family!

baby #2, right? how is the soon-to-be older sibling handling things?

RIP Danny Aiello. Everyone always cites his performance in Do the Right Thing as his high water mark, but I feel like his full range was on display in Hudson Hawk.

I think so. Malcolm X was amazing, and Inside Man is a great film as well, but Do the Right Thing is an absolute masterpiece.

I mean, I totally get it, but there is something twisted about being forced to consider the timing of a baby for tax/health insurance purposes

still, congrats to the ITC family!

baby #2, right? how is the soon-to-be older sibling handling things?

thanks guys

yeah it is fucked but here we are in USA 2019

it is #2. My almost-4 yr old is handling the run up pretty well. she's very excited about having a sister and a baby to 'take care of' and teach and what not. already a little territorial about her toys and ex-toys that have been put in the nursery but I think she's going to be good about it.

I just realized I do about 90 percent of my posting on the pit, and 80 percent of my posting on the chat thread. I like it here. You guys are alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back