• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: biff brings board balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my first Christmas gift for the year from a student. A kid in my Honor's English 2 class bought me adult diapers. It was funny to me.

Cool! Who the shit is Jim Noble? Presumably someone from charlotte

Sorry, I thought you were from W-S and liked good food. He owns A Noble Grille in W-S and owned J. Basul Noble in High Point before moving to the big time.

Got my first Christmas gift for the year from a student. A kid in my Honor's English 2 class bought me adult diapers. It was funny to me.

he was paying attention last week when you had the shits

I'm a few days behind (stupid work), but another reason small banks won't go away is because there are people who have made a career out of starting new banks, getting them to a certain size where they are a thorn in the side of other smaller, regional type banks... They sell to them, and then start all over again. It's pretty easy to do, I guess.

That’s funny. We had our first on 3/31/14 because high deductible plan reset on 4/1/14. But my wife was past her due date by a few days... Induced on 3/30.

OBGYN actually encouraged it. I’m sure it would have been different if it was before the due date.

Also avoided your child being an April Fool's baby.

I got a Smithey Ironware cast iron a about 2 years ago and love it (https://smithey.com/collections/ironware). It's also a lot for a cast iron, but I like it so much better than my previous lodge. I use it all the time. I thing I'm going to get the dutch oven soon, but haven't decided if I really need it. We're just waiting on our new stove (that we've been waiting on since September) so it makes me want to get all new cookware stuff too.

a dutch oven is key if you like to braise, make stews, etc. also a good vessel for frying.

The fact that there are $750 pairs of pants being bought for 13 year old kids makes me want to be a communist.

You can get nice custom made trousers for that price. Doesn't make sense if you're going to outgrow them in 6 months.

a dutch oven is key if you like to braise, make stews, etc. also a good vessel for frying.

Oh for sure. I have three, two of which I use all the time. I think I cook more things in my le creuset "big red" than I do any other pan/vessel.

Oh for sure. I have three, two of which I use all the time. I think I cook more things in my le creuset "big red" than I do any other pan/vessel.

ah ok, I read your post as if you didn't have one. I have a giant orange LeCreuset that I use all the time. Registered for it on a lark for our wedding not thinking anyone would get it for us, but our neighbors did which was quite generous.

Are they like those atrocious prada or gucci or whatever tiger pants that I see in Saks but can't imagine anyone actually wearing?

If I pay 750 for a pair of pants "nice" should not be the description.

So Biff wears 1000 dollar pants while he cooks in his 400 dollar frying pan. I want to be that guy.

If I pay 750 for a pair of pants "nice" should not be the description.

Point is that you can get nicer pants than that. If you pay $1,500+ for a decent suit off the rack, what would you allocate to the pants ? Now, based on that, what would you pay for a pair of pants that were actually made to fit you rather than a pair of pants made for the masses ?

Point is that you can get nicer pants than that. If you pay $1,500+ for a decent suit off the rack, what would you allocate to the pants ? Now, based on that, what would you pay for a pair of pants that were actually made to fit you rather than a pair of pants made for the masses ?

I think on a $1500 suit, quite a bit more is allocated to the jacket than the pants. I would think, without going to the google machine, that it would likely be somewhere in the $350-$500 range for the pants with the balance to the jacket.

I think on a $1500 suit, quite a bit more is allocated to the jacket than the pants. I would think, without going to the google machine, that it would likely be somewhere in the $350-$500 range for the pants with the balance to the jacket.

Fair enough, but that's for mass produced suit pants. I'm not defending the $750 price point, especially for a kid, but you can see how it gets expensive when you're using a nicer fabric, more detailed styling, and buying a pair of dress trousers that you might wear for 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back