• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: biff brings board balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each response the Chapel Hill Interim Chancellor sends about this Silent Sam payoff (there have been three now) just gets stupider and stupider, as he desperately tries to suck up to the BOG and interim System president, while trying to make it seem like he's not enabling this shit. It's pretty amazing. Well done to all involved. Total clusterfuck, this school/system/state is fucked.

I knew cats were shit in general. Then I read Jonathan Franzen's Freedom, which has an entire subplot devoted to how destructive cats are on the environment in general, and specifically on the songbird population. I'm sure birdman could expound on this, but for real, fuck cats.

Keep your cats indoors. Outdoor cats (owned house cats + invasive feral cats) kill an estimated 3 billion small animals per year (birds, mammals, lizards, snakes, frogs). People are all freaked out about pythons in Florida but cats are everywhere and kill, a lot. Here is a link to a study that mounted cameras on peoples domestic well fed and loved indoor/outdoor poor sweet kitty fur babies and they killed a lot of stuff, just for fun. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0006320713000189

perhaps callous, but I'm cool to let a few birds die to keep the rats out of the alley

Keep your cats indoors. Outdoor cats (owned house cats + invasive feral cats) kill an estimated 3 billion small animals per year (birds, mammals, lizards, snakes, frogs). People are all freaked out about pythons in Florida but cats are everywhere and kill, a lot. Here is a link to a study that mounted cameras on peoples domestic well fed and loved indoor/outdoor poor sweet kitty fur babies and they killed a lot of stuff, just for fun. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0006320713000189

I went and found birdman for all of us. You're welcome.

perhaps callous, but I'm cool to let a few birds die to keep the rats out of the alley

Did you perhaps see the 3 billion number up there? Also, if GTB finds out you're a cat guy, I can't fathom what the chat thread will hold for you.

our cats are indoors and terrible hunters when it comes to bugs. they just sorta sit there and watch them and try to crush with their paws, but nothing happens. I'm morbidly curious what they'd do to a bird or rodent, but they will hopefully never have the opportunity to do something about it.

Last edited:
I don't own a cat, but lived in a condo for a while that had a feral cat out in the alley and that thing kept the block clean -- it was great

the rats are part of that 3 billion

Buy some rat traps, or get a rat snake. Keep your cats indoors. If you love your sweet little fur baby, letting it eat alley rats is only going to cause the sweet little fur baby to get hit by a car, eaten by a coyote or catch toxo from an infected rat.

I live on a NC barrier Island. We have a well managed feral cat program that spays and neuters feral cats but allows a certain number to roam the island. The neighboring island got rid of all its feral cats. They had a terrible rodent population explosion and decided to restore the feral cat population. Just adding to the conversation.

I live on a NC barrier Island. We have a well managed feral cat program that spays and neuters feral cats but allows a certain number to roam the island. The neighboring island got rid of all its feral cats. They had a terrible rodent population explosion and decided to restore the feral cat population. Just adding to the conversation.

That's fucking terrible. Just get some native snakes, like black racers or grey rat snakes, that eat rats. The feral cats probably killed them off too. Feral cats are terrible and have caused 32 different species to go extinct worldwide.

Good. Let all the rich neurosurgeons live like the filthy, unwashed masses of us mainland folk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back