• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: biff brings board balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine a penniless Wake&Bake finding religion and walking across a desert (parum pa pum pum) to play the drums for a baby ?

Yo Baby Jesus, check out my drum solo ! Parum Pa Pum PUM !!!!

he'd probably be pretty turned on by the beret and goatee

"Hey man, you dudes mind if I jam with the little holy guy !?"

59579ndt.jpg

"Gonna turn my head sideways and lay down the beat !"

the best cheese dip that i've ever had was ladled out of townie's beard
How do you ladle cheese *out* of a beard?

I figured once RJ's Philly buddies at the steak shop ladled it in there it was pretty much stuck

Have had to deal with 2 local small rural banks recently and they're a charm. People who know your name, good service, can get things turned around in a day, etc. Now I'm with BOA on the phone for 52 minutes trying to see why they're putting a fucking 9 day hold on a cashier's check. Pick up a phone and call and verify it and you should be done.

those small banks will be gonezo in five years

the cannibalization of the banking industry is bananas these days

I mean I called into one of them asking for the lady who runs it, but she was out, but the lady on the phone knew who I was because they worked on my account together and was able to answer my question immediately. It was heavenly.

those small banks will be gonezo in five years

the cannibalization of the banking industry is bananas these days

I don't think so. I think people will want the retro experience and small banks will make a comeback. There will be a yelp for banks, like with nerd wallet and blogs like that.

Problem is my BOA account number is super easy to remember for people that make 69 jokes. Hard to give that up.

I don't think so. I think people will want the retro experience and small banks will make a comeback. There will be a yelp for banks, like with nerd wallet and blogs like that.

they just can't compete on the amenities people want, namely online/app banking features

my company does a similar thing. We easily are giving up like $10k in interest each year because the bank we use can give you a good recommendation for other service firms, and like will up and do random requests you have as if they're a concierge. When we did look at a loan for something, our bank came back with the highest rate, and would loan us the least amount of money. But that was an inherently good sign in that if the economy tanks, this bank isn't invested in risky assets and won't go under when shit hits the fan.

Big banks will destroy regional banks for sure. Hyper local credit unions might survive I guess. But financial services is a total technology game now. That’s why BB&T and SunTrust merged. Neither one has the resources to compete individually. Fucking NC State Employees Credit Union doesn’t even have a mobile app or at least didn’t until very recently.

Well now you can buy a share of BOA for no commission (as BOA just announced they’d no longer charge them) and you can be a shareholder too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back