• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: biff brings board balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
the new WW restaurant Cultura is hella good though and was packed the night we went.

i also don't recall the last time i drank a true macrobrew, like miller lite or bud. Sierra Nevada perhaps, but even then, I tend to drink their different styles rather than the flagship pale ale. I also don't count Wicked Weed as a macrobrew - while they may be owned by AB, that's just stock ownership, not the brewery itself. I may be being too reasonable for beer snobs though.

about 75% of my beer purchases are either Birdsong or NoDa, and 75% of those are from the grocery store. I am definitely not buying Coors when there are interesting beers 10 feet away.

the only times i have a macrobrew are when i'm at an in-law's family gathering or at a ballpark or something.

man i can't get behind that Sierra Nev take; not a great beer. maybe compared to bud heavy or something.

Being raised Catholic, I was taught that abortion (and contraception and premarital sex) and the death penalty are wrong. I still think the death penalty is wrong, and if I've learned anything from the moral position staked out therein, it is that the state shouldn't play arbiter in life or death decisions because it doesn't always have the best interests of its constituents at heart, and instead should focus on providing the best possible social welfare to all. That applies universally to the health care of women and the way we care for our young. Too often as people here note anti-abortion voters also want to restrict access to care for women's health and limit services for vulnerable newborn children, relying too heavily on the individual's capability to care for a child.

I am sympathetic to the position that abortion is no different from murder because I haven't found a good and complete argument, scientific or otherwise, that rebuts it. I think the state should work to reduce the number of abortions, but keep the procedure safe and access to it legal. It's a complex and frustrating position to support given the moral implications, and much smarter people than me do a better job grappling with it.

I didn't want to put this on the Tunnels--and if it's still too private, feel free to PM or tell me to sod off--but isn't your dad some sort of (evolutionary?) biologist and/or professor?

man i can't get behind that Sierra Nev take; not a great beer. maybe compared to bud heavy or something.

I think because it's the OG it's way more subtle compared to the hoppy beers it inspired, but on a hot day, a can of that is a great call. Not too heavy compared to some IPAs (which it isn't), fairly refreshing.

I'm starting to think we might not be very good at basketball this year.

macrobrews I've had in the last three months: PBR, Old Style, Miller Lite, Miller High Life, Tecate, Modelo

I haven't heard anyone complain about "Baby It's Cold Outside" this month, so it must not really be the Christmas season yet.

I didn't want to put this on the Tunnels--and if it's still too private, feel free to PM or tell me to sod off--but isn't your dad some sort of (evolutionary?) biologist and/or professor?

Yep, teaches molecular genetics, mostly to grad students.

ETA: And runs a large lab, researching cystic fibrosis.

Donny Hathaway is the man.

Extension of a Man, with NC's own Willie Weeks on bass, is the jam. His live album is fantastic, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back