• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disney+: What are you watching?

DeacsATS

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
Reaction score
...And not working.

Anyone else having issues?

Last edited:
Haven't tried but was thinking about it this evening. If there are gonna be problems will hold off for a little bit. Also trying to figure out how to incorporate my existing ad-free Hulu subscription into the bundle that looks to be worth it.

I don't think there is a bundle that includes ad-free Hulu. I had hoped there would be. Even at like $15.99, that would be a good deal.

I just went for the 1 year at $69.99.

There is enough stuff on here that my kids have already forgotten about Netflix.

Seems like they are still setting things up. Many of the category pages not working, search results cutting off after the first page, and many episodes not present for series. This isn't unreasonable, but I did think it would be a bit smoother, given how long they have had to prepare for this. Maybe spin everything up a week early and just not make it public or something...

dreading the eventual shift of ESPN to the Disney platform in some exclusive format

I thought I read they would give credit for the value of the ad-supported Hulu against the bundle if you already have the ad-free Hulu, but I'm kinda doubting that is going to work smoothly out of the gate

dreading the eventual shift of ESPN to the Disney platform in some exclusive format

Like ESPN+ which already exists and was a precursor to Disney+?

Regular ESPN will never go to a format like that. There’s too much money to be made in cable and live streaming.

Seems like they are still setting things up. Many of the category pages not working, search results cutting off after the first page, and many episodes not present for series. This isn't unreasonable, but I did think it would be a bit smoother, given how long they have had to prepare for this. Maybe spin everything up a week early and just not make it public or something...

Was very disappointed to see zero episodes of "Spider-man and His Amazing Friends" this morning. Figured it would just take them a while to get things smoothed out.

Tonight, I think I'm watching The Black Hole.

how are you people not watching Heavyweights right now?

My SIL/BIL got married at that camp in the NC mountains last year. We stayed there two nights. Fortunately, lunch was not cancelled due to lack of hustle. Unfortunately, the blob was unavailable due to liability reasons.

I did the fan club 3 year up front payment for about $140 ($3.99 a month). I also just signed up for 1 year free from verizon. It looks like signing up through verizon will pause the 3 year subscription for the first year, so we will end up getting 4 years for less than 3 bucks per year. Not bad at all. Unless it doesn't work.

Last edited:
Hit my Verizon cellphone account today and added free Disney+ which was nice. Their website is usually garbage during rollouts so I was surprised that it worked. Not having much luck in the actual Disney site getting anything to stream yet though, I assume it's just overloaded.

Listening to NPR TV critic David Bianculli's review on Fresh Air. He absolutely loves Disney+. Glowing review. Loved Lady and the Tramp. There's a Forky spinoff. Whoa. He said the new non-fiction stuff was the best of the bunch (he didn't preview The Mandalorian), especially the Hero Project and show that goes behind the scenes in Disney.

Man. I'm behind on shows and video games but I have some trips coming up.

Back