Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Disney+: What are you watching?

watched first two eps of Mandalorian last night. Thought it was pretty entertaining. I like what Favreau is doing with the over the top Old West imagery and cinematography. One family member, who has seen all the Star Wars movies but apparently cannot recall what happened in any of them or any of the lore, kept interrupting the action to ask questions about Mandalorians, Beskar steel, Boba Fett, carbonite, Yoda, what does this have to do with Luke, etc. If you have a person like that in your family I suggest watching on a private screen....

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I think they have all of them except Song of the South.
    I havent spent a bunch of time with it, but the interface is weird. I tried to find The Fox and the Hound for instance, and it wasnt in any of the categories. If you search for it, both Fox and the Hound and Fox & Hound 2 come up. But you would never find them just by scrolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon923 View Post
    watched first two eps of Mandalorian last night. Thought it was pretty entertaining. I like what Favreau is doing with the over the top Old West imagery and cinematography. One family member, who has seen all the Star Wars movies but apparently cannot recall what happened in any of them or any of the lore, kept interrupting the action to ask questions about Mandalorians, Beskar steel, Boba Fett, carbonite, Yoda, what does this have to do with Luke, etc. If you have a person like that in your family I suggest watching on a private screen....
    I'm not sure if you are talking about a six year old child or your Wife

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTwinAndreBen View Post
    I havent spent a bunch of time with it, but the interface is weird. I tried to find The Fox and the Hound for instance, and it wasnt in any of the categories. If you search for it, both Fox and the Hound and Fox & Hound 2 come up. But you would never find them just by scrolling.
    The search engine is weird too. I put in "duck tales" and at no point did it come up until I looked it up and remembered that it's DuckTales with no space. I searched for "dark" and Darkwing Duck wasn't the first choice behind shows that didn't have "dark" in the title.

I forgot that Darkwing Duck was a dick.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Agree that the interface makes it unnecessarily difficult to find what you are looking for. It also gives the illusion of less content than there really is.

I've already noticed some tweaks to how things are presented... I'm sure they'll keep adjusting it over time. It's only a week old.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    I think they may have tried to make the search engine more kid friendly by not requiring proper spelling. That's just a guess though.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    I've been having a random captioning issue on some movies.

"Return to Oz" on my computer (don't ask) had random foreign subtitles, which I was able to turn off.

"Brother Bear" on our Roku TV had English subtitles that I could not turn off no matter what I tried.