• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Surratt out for the season

Hate this for the big guy. Get well soon!

Thank god we're already bowl eligible. I expect we will drop one of the last two if not both.

Apparently there are rumors on IC that Chazz is considering going pro. If he goes, I'd highly doubt Sage comes back.

Apparently there are rumors on IC that Chazz is considering going pro. If he goes, I'd highly doubt Sage comes back.

At what position LB? Has he really had that good a year at LB to consider going pro at LB, he was playing QB last year?

At what position LB? Has he really had that good a year at LB to consider going pro at LB, he was playing QB last year?

I have no idea whether he is a pro caliber player at LB, but halfway through the season:

Entering Saturday's game at Virginia Tech, the redshirt junior leads the Tar Heels in tackles (46), pass breakups (3) and quarterback hurries (4). He's second in sacks (3) and tackles for loss (5.5). He also possesses the team's best pass-rush grade (79.9), according to Pro Football Focus (PFF).

I have no idea whether he is a pro caliber player at LB, but halfway through the season:

Entering Saturday's game at Virginia Tech, the redshirt junior leads the Tar Heels in tackles (46), pass breakups (3) and quarterback hurries (4). He's second in sacks (3) and tackles for loss (5.5). He also possesses the team's best pass-rush grade (79.9), according to Pro Football Focus (PFF).

Got to hand it to him, that's pretty impressive. I'd imagine going from QB to Lb isn't easy. We still got the better Surratt though!

That injury was 100% preventable. The assholes actually getting paid to be on the field fucked up with their whistles, and the “amateur” ends up with the consequence of their fuckups.

With a collarbone injury, is he going to be healthy by the combine or a potential pro day? If not, that could really affect his draft status. Any idea what his approximate 40 time would be? FWIW, GBN didn't have him listed in their rankings, though they have a mid 2nd round grade on Newman. This really bites for Surratt.

That injury was 100% preventable. The assholes actually getting paid to be on the field fucked up with their whistles, and the “amateur” ends up with the consequence of their fuckups.

100% Agree. When it happened, I commented that he should have blown the whistle because he was down and it could have been avoided. What a total shame to lose a player of his caliber on a horseshit play.

The ACC should absolutely issue some sort of an apology, but given how incompetent the officiating consistently is, I'm sure they won't.

100% Agree. When it happened, I commented that he should have blown the whistle because he was down and it could have been avoided. What a total shame to lose a player of his caliber on a horseshit play.

To top it off, the dumb dumb didn’t even let it play out. He was just either lazy or not paying attention. He let it play out just long enough to end a 20-something’s record setting season then he blew it dead. Refs are the worst.

The ACC should absolutely issue some sort of an apology, but given how incompetent the officiating consistently is, I'm sure they won't.

They should fire the guy. You want to talk about player safety, well that’s what we’re paying these old jock sniffers for.

Do officials even get fired? I know they get graded and don’t get to work as much or don’t get scheduled for bigger games, but when was the last time a ref got fired for performance? Because everyone else on the field operates with that level of expectation.

I think we have succeeded ( so far knock on wood) on keeping the sheer number of injuries down this year, but the ones we've had have been key. It's easy to forget we lost Miles Fox before the season even started, who could've helped at DT. Despite Masterson's not being the fastest guy, he was a key lose on defense. Strnad of course was a huge loss on defense, really the glue of the defense. Now, we lose Washington (at least for multiple games) and Sage for the rest of the season, maybe the best WR combo in the league other than Clemson. Short of losing Newman, Herron, Boogie or Bassey, we've lost some of the most key players we could lose.

reminded me of the Ben Mauk injury from the orange bowl year. Reaching out for a fumble is dangerous when 250 pounders pounce on your extended arm. Fuck that ref who swallowed his whistle and still called him down.

This really sucks. Pretty incredible how quickly the season became derailed. Well, the potential for derailment. I just hope that somehow we win both vs Duke and Cuse.

With a collarbone injury, is he going to be healthy by the combine or a potential pro day? If not, that could really affect his draft status. Any idea what his approximate 40 time would be? FWIW, GBN didn't have him listed in their rankings, though they have a mid 2nd round grade on Newman. This really bites for Surratt.

This is what I meant by forcing him to come back. Dortch should be a cautionary tale. He didn’t perform in the combine and didn’t get drafted.

Didn't Daniel Jones break a collarbone in preseason or early in the year at Duke and come back in about 4-6 weeks? Guess it depends on how bad a break, too.

They should fire the guy. You want to talk about player safety, well that’s what we’re paying these old jock sniffers for.

It's hard to take seriously a league talking about player safety that also schedules teams to play Sat.-to-Thu. swings regularly.

Back