• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah's Zion National Park

We went to all 5 national parks in southern Utah in July 2017. Bryce and Arches were our favorites, followed by Zion. We didn't attempt Angel's Landing due to age of children and difficulty of hike. Would highly recommend the Narrows. Park is crowded in the summer, so spring and/or fall would be a good time to go. Bryce and Zion are very close to each other.

My son went with family friends. They flew into Vegas and it was an easy drive from there.

I got a sweet hat out of it.

anybody know if it’s an easy drive from vegas?

The park turns 100 years old today (even older than RJ).

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2019/1...park-is-now-100-years-old-its-feeling-its-age

The park attracted more than 4 million visitors last year and is struggling under a deferred maintenance backlog of $70 million. Four of the park’s most popular trails are closed, including the hike to Emerald Pools, and park officials were forced to close Angels Landing until Friday while a boulder in a rockfall is removed, said park spokeswoman Erin Whittaker.

Even as the centennial celebration is unfolding, park executives are reviewing a number of possible options to manage crowds and improve visitor experience.

“We know it is not sustainable what is going on right now,” Whittaker said. “We have modified shuttle schedules, but there is only so much you can stretch to adapt.”

Angel's Landing gives me serious anxiety, and I'm not even really afraid of heights. Sheer, 1000 foot drops on a crowded, 3 foot wide trail with nothing but a chain to hold onto (and sometimes nothing)? No thank you. My dad and sister have done it (serious adrenaline junkies), and said they wouldn't do it again.

Angel's Landing gives me serious anxiety, and I'm not even really afraid of heights. Sheer, 1000 foot drops on a crowded, 3 foot wide trail with nothing but a chain to hold onto (and sometimes nothing)? No thank you. My dad and sister have done it (serious adrenaline junkies), and said they wouldn't do it again.

One could do Observation Point instead. It is a better view anyway, in my opinion.

Back