• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah's Zion National Park

DeacWatcher

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
I just saw a segment on CBS Saturday morning and this place looks amazing. Anybody been out here before?

We are trying to line up our first trip out west and this looks like it would be pretty cool and easy to get to by flying into Vegas and driving up.

Never been, but everybody I have ever talked too have raved about it.

Incredibly beautiful. About 2 hours from LV, and the drive is gorgeous. If you do a day trip, leave very early.

I’ve been there. It’s beautiful.

I went to Vegas for a conference and fucking hated it so I rented a car and drove up to Zion. So soul soothing, especially after Vegas. Saw mountain chickadees, Townsend Solataires, Anna’s humming birds, and lots of other western species.

it’s beautiful and easy to get to from vegas

I know the guy can play and has a great smile, but isn't it too early to be naming a national park after him?

I know the guy can play and has a great smile, but isn't it too early to be naming a national park after him?

Think you got it backwards. He was named for the park. Such an amazing place, there was no other choice.

Been planning a trip to Zion and the rest of the main Utah's parks. Going to take a road trip out there and spend two weeks camping. Also bringing my paramotor with me to fly through over/around/in all the parks. Pretty psyched up about it. Shooting to do it this spring.

Depending on time of year, accommodations can be tricky. We ended up doing a VRBO in LaVerkin, which was a short drive away. We would totally do that again. Agreed on flying into Vegas and driving up.

Right off of I-15 is the Kolob Canyons entrance. For whatever reason, there is very little visitor traffic up here, so if you want some awesome scenery without any crowds, you could spend a day or two up that way.

Depending on time of year, accommodations can be tricky. We ended up doing a VRBO in LaVerkin, which was a short drive away. We would totally do that again. Agreed on flying into Vegas and driving up.

Right off of I-15 is the Kolob Canyons entrance. For whatever reason, there is very little visitor traffic up here, so if you want some awesome scenery without any crowds, you could spend a day or two up that way.

What time of year would you recommend where crowds might be minimal and weather would be ok?

I don't know if somebody has mentioned this, but it is beautiful, and you can easily access it from Sin City.

You're welcome.

Went several years ago between Christmas and NY. Park was almost empty.

Get to Bryce Canyon while you are in the neighborhood.

What time of year would you recommend where crowds might be minimal and weather would be ok?

I would think spring and fall would be nice. We were there there for a couple of days at the beginning of July and while there was some availability in Springdale, the rates were higher than we wanted to pay.

Amazing park. Hiking The Narrows is such a great experience. Also hiked Angels Landing with one of my kids and it was tremendous (though not for the weak of heart).

We went in August.

Back