• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Syracuse Game Time 12:30 pm, RSN

We are going to have to score 40+ to win

This is a classic DeaconSig trash LOWF post and needs to be called out. Sure, they may torch our defense, but Cuse has reached 40+ twice against FBS teams during their trouncing of a horrible Duke team (that we put up 600+ yards on) and vs Western Michigan. Their other scoring outputs:

24 vs the vaunted Liberty D
20 vs a HORRIBLE Maryland D (gave up 63)
6 vs Clemson
10 (!) vs NCSU
20 vs Pitt
17 vs FSU
27 vs BC (gave up 58, tons of possessions)
34 vs UL (gave up 56, tons of possessions)

To think we shouldn't hold them under 40 points LOWF garbage.

I agree with tiger. Even if the they do put up some points I don’t think their defense can stop us. So while “need to score 40 to win” could turn out to be close I don’t think it’s a daunting issue.

I'm really surprised that the line has narrowed to 4.

I think Wake should win this one without it being too close. 37-24 Wake.

This is where I think it could be. Not a State or Elon level blowout, but never in doubt. It would be cool for Carney and Walker to go for 100 each. Wake scores a boring 35-40 and holds Cuse to less than 25.

VTech debuts at #24 in the CFP polls. I think it is safe to say that if UVA beats Tech this weekend Tech will be out and UVA will take their place. And if UVA gets absolutely obliterated by Clemson it is really anyone's guess whether the ACC has another team besides Clemson in the final CFP rankings the following week. We just need to go out there and take care of business vs Syracuse to cement our 9-3 record.

Is anyone planning to attend this game besides Vermont? Any recommendations on "must see / do" things on the Syracuse campus or around town in general? I've decided to take the opportunity of a long holiday weekend to plan an all-inclusive Griswold-style family road trip that includes a trip to NYC (hopefully with flying balloons), checking off the Carrier Dome, and visiting some family all at the same time.

Is anyone planning to attend this game besides Vermont? Any recommendations on "must see / do" things on the Syracuse campus or around town in general? I've decided to take the opportunity of a long holiday weekend to plan an all-inclusive Griswold-style family road trip that includes a trip to NYC (hopefully with flying balloons), checking off the Carrier Dome, and visiting some family all at the same time.

Outside chance I will be there. My Tgiving travels are taking me right through upstate NY this weekend. May have to hit the road on Friday, though, which would have me past the Syracuse area by Sat afternoon.

Syracuse the city is not much to write home about. If the weather isn't too bad, check out the Finger Lakes region (close by) or maybe Cooperstown. Cooperstown is almost two hours from Cuse but on the way (sort of) if you're coming from NYC.

Take some oxygen with you into the Carrier Dome. It won’t be hot like it is during September but the big concrete hut has no HVAC system.

Also, they were high tech when they built it. Didn't they import the old Wallace Wade concept urinals too?

Dinosaur BBQ.

Head down to Armory Square to walk around, eat at http://www.pastabilities.com for dinner
Mother's Cupboard on E. James St. for breakfast
They have one of America's biggest malls, called Destiny USA
The area around campus (Marshall St.) used to have a lot of college stores and hangouts, but from my understanding most of that has been demolished and replaced with mixed-use buildings centered around off-campus housing.

I have a feeling clawson will have this issue fixed by Syracuse. He looked very pissed about it in postgame interview by hot chick on the field.

All he has to do to "fix" it is sky kick it, kick it on the ground, or OOB. Should gave been doing this regularly since Louisville game vs regularly expecting Sciba to kick it deep.

If you have time (it's a short drive), go on over to Skaneateles. It is at the north end of the lake of the same name. Fun town. Lots of restaurants and stores, and a beautiful view of the lake.

All he has to do to "fix" it is sky kick it, kick it on the ground, or OOB. Should gave been doing this regularly since Louisville game vs regularly expecting Sciba to kick it deep.

So true. The only reason the Noles didn’t do the same thing is they have Taggart as a coach. I was absolutely dumbfounded when they repeatedly fair caught it with no one around. Just pitiful coaching the week after UL game.

So true. The only reason the Noles didn’t do the same thing is they have Taggart as a coach. I was absolutely dumbfounded when they repeatedly fair caught it with no one around. Just pitiful coaching the week after UL game.

You may be forgetting that it was raining during the FSU game.

Back