• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke is a dirty team with a Punk coach

There was a Facebook wine mom in Duke clothing right behind Duke’s bench who looked AGHAST when we started booing the injuries. Great fun.

There was a Facebook wine mom in Duke clothing right behind Duke’s bench who looked AGHAST when we started booing the injuries. Great fun.

White jacket? I think I was behind that lady walking out of the game. She was cussing out a security guard.

#1 priority is safety of players, would be hard to penalize players or create a situation where players injured and are forced to play as rare as it might be.

One of the more annoying things about the Duke "injury" situation was the same player "injured" multiple times. I would suggest that, in the interest of player safety, second injury requires review by a league assigned physician because, obviously, the team training staff missed something. However long that might take.

Another possibility to limit faking would be to increase the number of plays the player has to sit out, particularly if he has multiple injuries. In that situation, the player needs more careful and in depth evaluation of his health.

One of their coaches was putting way more energy into jawing at fans in section 15 and threatening to fight them than he was into the game.

There were fans in Sec. 15?
Good for you, outstanding really! It was a rough night to be out in the elements. It did stop raining about 9:20 PM for while.
In the radio interview afterward, Cade Carney spoke very well and commented on appreciating good fan support.

Good for you, outstanding really! It was a rough night to be out in the elements. It did stop raining about 9:20 PM for while.
In the radio interview afterward, Cade Carney spoke very well and commented on appreciating good fan support.

There were literally TENS of us out there.

The rain stopped at halftime. I've been to many games at Groves when it was raining and even more when it was cold. But never one when it rained so hard and was so cold all at the same time.

The rain stopped at halftime. I've been to many games at Groves when it was raining and even more when it was cold. But never one when it rained so hard and was so cold all at the same time.

Rain stopped at halftime and then started again right as the game finished in time for the walk to the car. Good stuff.

Yeah I was one of the section 15 guys jawing with that lame coach and booing every fake injury. It was a lot of fun.

Hopefully this won’t become widespread against our hurry up. Most other coaches we play have atleast enough class not to pull Busch league stunts like that. I don’t know what could be done in real time. Definitely sitting out more plays makes since. Really this is a place the conference office should come in and fine a coach. Unfortunately that won’t happen.

Clawson is now 3-3 against Cutty and Wake is 15-5 against Duke in last 20 years. That is a lot of fun.

Cutcliff hates to lose to us. Noticed when he and Clawson shook hands after the game he broke away quickly. Looked like Clawson was about to say something else but Cutcliff kept walking. K and Cut are both pompous arrogant a-holes IMO.

Duke's football "fanbase" (to the extent it exists) seems fed up with Cut. Sounds similar to the Grobe situation overall. Wonder if there will be a change there anytime soon?

Any choice postgame quotes?

Hahaha. This is literally the extent of the “Postgame Quotes” tab on the game recap on their site. No mention of the opponent whatsoever.

https://goduke.com/documents/2019/11/24/Coach_Cutcliffe_Quotes_Nov_23.pdf

dc2fd0d7890caa8f1b1002746e571157.jpg

Caveat that it’s easier for the winner to be gracious but still.

861099a6bc4f65177a45b16903371f55.jpg

Also find it hilarious that the postgame quotes section on wake’s site has quotes from clawson, several players, and then the opposing coach for every game recap. On duke’s site the ONLY quotes posted are Cutcliffe’s.

Back