• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke is a dirty team with a Punk coach

He made a comment either last year or the year before at the half as well. I don’t remember what he said but I remember saying that’s an arrogant prick

He did the same thing when Nikita Whitlock was our nose guard, at Duke.

Grobe had beaten Duke something like 10 straight years, and at the half shit bag I know Manning, Cut, says: we should be scoring more against what they have out there...or up front...essentially, they are puny and we should score. And I believe they did, and broke the streak. Iirc.

What can you do about the fake injuries? You certainly can’t accuse them officially but relying on coaches being ethical allows snakes like cutcliffe to slither through. How many free timeouts did they get on that drive that ended on the wild cade FG?
injuries

They had a total of 21 timeouts. 15 for “injuries” and the regular 6. Ridiculous.

Are NCAA rules the same as NFL? Within 2 minutes if offensive player is hurt you either use a timeout or get a 10 second runoff.

Needs to be something to hold defense accountable throughout game since they're benefitted by "injury" at all times, especially against up tempo teams.

Are NCAA rules the same as NFL? Within 2 minutes if offensive player is hurt you either use a timeout or get a 10 second runoff.

Needs to be something to hold defense accountable throughout game since they're benefitted by "injury" at all times, especially against up tempo teams.
probably not, but I think they need a first team to pull for
I

Conveniently this thread could stay alive through basketball season without the title needing to be changed.

^^ Plus, the last thing college football needs is fake injuries slowing down games that already take too long with media timeouts and long replays.

^^ Plus, the last thing college football needs is fake injuries slowing down games that already take too long with media timeouts and long replays.

there were a couple times a duke player went down which led directly to an official timeout with a commercial break, and then as soon as the guy with the clock came on the field the player got up and walked off the field. Fucking INFURIATING to be standing in the rain and cold and that happens.

there were a couple times a duke player went down which led directly to an official timeout with a commercial break, and then as soon as the guy with the clock came on the field the player got up and walked off the field. Fucking INFURIATING to be standing in the rain and cold and that happens.

There were also at least 3 times where the Duke player was "hurt" long after the preceding play had ended.

Doesn’t matter, we beat their ass.

I sat right behind both benches at times. Duke bench was loud and faux fired up. Engaging with opposition. No class.

Our bench was business like and focused.

Love this team!

Cutcliffe called it a real disappointing loss. Really? You were a substantial underdog along with being out-gained by 300+ yards. I wonder how disappointing the 43 point loss at home to Cuse was as an 11 point favorite. The guy has turned completely clueless and senile. Shades of Grobe.

Cutcliffe called it a real disappointing loss. Really? You were a substantial underdog along with being out-gained by 300+ yards. I wonder how disappointing the 43 point loss at home to Cuse was as an 11 point favorite. The guy has turned completely clueless and senile. Shades of Grobe.

Can't stand Cut but TBF I would hope my coach wasn't apathetic about any loss. They definitely could have beaten us and secured a bowl and they failed. No doubt he's disappointed.

If they have to stop the game for it, an injured player should not be able to return to the game for the rest of the series.

Can't stand Cut but TBF I would hope my coach wasn't apathetic about any loss. They definitely could have beaten us and secured a bowl and they failed. No doubt he's disappointed.

Yeah, I don't have any problem with him saying it was a disappointing loss.

Also find it hilarious that the postgame quotes section on wake’s site has quotes from clawson, several players, and then the opposing coach for every game recap. On duke’s site the ONLY quotes posted are Cutcliffe’s.

They should have quoted that brilliant halftime observation he made to the sideline Babe.

we're all forgetting Cutcliffe coached the Mannings, therefore he can do no wrong

Cut and Claw clearly don't like each other. When Clawson first arrived I recall Wake recruiting a guy Duke was after, and we posted one of those mock photos of the player in Wake gear with some probably cheesy caption and Cutcliffe commented on it in a press conference to the effect of "we don't do that stuff over here/we're too classy/maybe they feel they have to do that "over there" to compete"; I'm sure that hit a nerve with Clawson. And I took Clawson's post-game "if we could cover kicks the game wouldn't have been close" as him saying "take out those 2 kicks and we whipped your ass all night long on both sides of the ball".

From DBR:

"One of Cutcliffe's most admirable attributes - and the one that might well be why he's still here and in Tennessee - is his loyalty. Unfortunately, that's a big part of what is wrong with the team at this point. He's stuck with his family of staff, even though they don't appear to be getting the job done."

Sound familiar?

Back