• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will KWalkerIII be......

saltydeac

Reaction score
a 20+ carry/game back next year. I would hope so when he only averages 4 carries for 3+ yards in our losses, but has 8+ carries for nearly 8 yards/carry in our wins.

We have to give him more touches and I think he is the type of back that will only get better with the more touches he can get and he showed some real power against Duke knocking back D players when they tried to take him down. I know Clawson referred to him as our big play back while Carney was power back, but Walker appears to have them both.

I think he could go absolutely nuts next year if we were to feed him the ball like Cam and spell him on some downs with CBS and Flowers.

I can't see Clawson ever giving a RB the carries that Jonathan Taylor or Cam Akers or Chuba Hubbard get. He wants to have two main ones and a third who can fill in as needed, with a split of 33-33-33 or 40-40-20, that kind of range.

RB depth looks great next year, projected now with KW3 and CBS as the main options, Flowers, McKinney, Delaney (if he returns) and then the incoming freshmen, Ahmani Marshall and Quinton Cooley. Both of those kids project as possibilities to contribute immediately based on size and production, and Clawson has said RB is one of the positions he doesn't really hesitate to play true freshmen.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only time Clawson has stuck to playing one RB for an extended period of games was Matt Colburn II in '17, and that was because Cade Carney and Arkeem Byrd were hurt, Tyler Bell was out for the year and they didn't want to burn CBS' redshirt.

I can't see Clawson ever giving a RB the carries that Jonathan Taylor or Cam Akers or Chuba Hubbard get. He wants to have two main ones and a third who can fill in as needed, with a split of 33-33-33 or 40-40-20, that kind of range.

RB depth looks great next year, projected now with KW3 and CBS as the main options, Flowers, McKinney, Delaney (if he returns) and then the incoming freshmen, Ahmani Marshall and Quinton Cooley. Both of those kids project as possibilities to contribute immediately based on size and production, and Clawson has said RB is one of the positions he doesn't really hesitate to play true freshmen.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only time Clawson has stuck to playing one RB for an extended period of games was Matt Colburn II in '17, and that was because Cade Carney and Arkeem Byrd were hurt, Tyler Bell was out for the year and they didn't want to burn CBS' redshirt.

While I can’t disagree with recent history for Clawson there comes times you have to adjust to the talent u have and I’m fairly confident the deacs have never had a rb avg nearly 7 per carry as a frosh rb with meaningful carries as well as the big play ability KWIII has. Need to at least give him 60% of touches or u are just limiting the offensive upside for the team.

Walker is the most exciting young back we've had in a long time...elusive yet majorly strong from what I have seen - hell of a combo.

Imagine how much better he is gonna be next year the kid hasn’t even spent a season with the S & C staff here. Come back next season looking like Josh Harris without playing passive as a mofo like he did. That’s the kid that disappointed me the most at rb since I have been a fan of 30 years he had such potential.

I think Clawson will always use the two or three back system and look for the hot hand giving them all a series or two to see what they are gonna do against the d settling in on the hot hand and subbing in as needed

He's already quite jacked. I think the extra muscle made Josh Harris worse. Walker just needs to make sure he picks up the blitzes to Clawson's satisfaction and doesn't drop passes. If he does that, we'd be stupid not to give him the ball 20 times/ game. His combination of elusiveness, acceleration, cutback ability and power is more complete than any running back I can remember in my 25 years as a Wake fan.

Would love to see him go off for 1509 yards and 20 tds next year we are due a run like that

If CBS gets mad and leaves which they said he was mad earlier in the season about pt then depth and experience at rb becomes a serious issue next year

I think next year will also be the first time Clawson has been in this situation. Carney and Colburn split a lot of time because they were pretty equal. This year the two best backs were a very experienced senior and an unproven freshman. It's easy to understand why the freshman got less PT.

Next year Wake will have CBS, who has been pretty mediocre in limited time and a sophomore stud. Other than those two, it's a lot of unknown/unproven guys. I wouldn't be surprised to see a more unbalanced split of playing time than we're used to.

I thought he seemed to be running harder this year just wasn’t finding the holes as well as Walker. And would CNS getting upset hurt us with Marshall and the 4* we at East Forsyth

RB is not like QB. WF, like most teams, uses a rotation at that spot. At a minimum, CBS would continue to get frequent PT, and injuries are so common at that position, his usage could even increase. Not sure what else he could be reasonably expecting. Then again, athletes and their parents rarely have reasonable expectations. Really hope that the CBS issue is not a flawed complaint about number of snaps.

I think Clawson will always use the two or three back system and look for the hot hand giving them all a series or two to see what they are gonna do against the d settling in on the hot hand and subbing in as needed

Maybe, but he didn’t really do that this year. Multiple times Walker was clearly the hot hand but didn’t get the carries that that warranted.

I agree with whoever said that for the remainder of the season, Walker should be let loose to run wild, and then let Cade come in to pound tired defenses into submission.

Back