• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lasik Surgery Question

Anybody here had it? Has the process gotten easier and more fullproof?

If you are 50 and older does it matter?

I think if you're over 50 you should have your cataracts checked first. If you are a candidate, they actually replace the lens in your eye when they do cataracts today. I had cataract surgery a few months ago and when from 20/300 to almost 20/20 in both eyes. Completely eliminated the need for lasik.

Had it in 2005. Loved it. I had a “tuneup” option in 10 years but missed my window with moving out of state.

Back to glasses part time now.

I had it done 20+ years ago. Best money I ever spent. My distance vision is still 20/20 (used to be a bit better).

I need reading glasses now but instead I am wearing a single disposable contact in 1 eye. That works fine, even though I spend most of my day reading, writing, and looking at computer screens.

If you're over 50 and still use "fullproof" instead of "foolproof", I'd suggest skipping the surgery and investing in a dictionary and reading glasses instead.

Back