• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CONGRATULATIONS! to the Deacs- 65-56 over Charleston!

WakeUp

Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS to the Deacs for their 65-56 win over Charleston in the Wooden Legacy in Anaheim last night.
Good game and good win!

And before the avalanche begins: yes, I am old, and old school; yes, I am disappointed at the state of our basketball program; yes, I support whatever changes are needed to restore our program to the good old days of regular and expected wins and competing for championships.

But the young men on this team are Deacs, just like you and me, and deserve our support and respect as such.

To advocate openly for a Wake Forest team to lose, no matter what the agenda, is just plain wrong.

We old timers have been through it all before, and might again, but one thing remains constant--a Wake Forest team is a Wake Forest Team is a Wake Forest team; and every time a Deacon team laces 'em up, I'll be pulling for a W.

"Nice talk Dad". Seriously I support the players and wish them nothing but the best but unfortunately the best is not possible with Manning.

Last edited:
Wake supporters should never have to choose between supporting short term success vs long term success.

It is concerning that a few more mediocre games like yesterday's could extend Wake basketball irrelevance.

Just a little competence by the AD would have prevented the situation from getting to this point.

Wake supporters should never have to choose between supporting short term success vs long term success.

It is concerning that a few more mediocre games like yesterday's could extend Wake basketball irrelevance.

Just a little competence by the AD would have prevented the situation from getting to this point.

History cannot be undone. Wake is in the situation of 10 years of bad basketball. Some circumstances that have brought this about will be changed by Spring 2020. Some changes already happened. More will be forthcoming.

And Congratulations to the Deacs for another win in the Wooden Legacy, 88-75 over Long Beach State. This puts Wake in the championship game against either Arizona or Penn. GO DEACS!

And Congratulations to the Deacs for another win in the Wooden Legacy, 88-75 over Long Beach State. This puts Wake in the championship game against either Arizona or Penn. GO DEACS!

+1

Back