Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: CONGRATULATIONS! to the Deacs- 65-56 over Charleston!

  1. #1

    CONGRATULATIONS! to the Deacs- 65-56 over Charleston!

    CONGRATULATIONS to the Deacs for their 65-56 win over Charleston in the Wooden Legacy in Anaheim last night.
    Good game and good win!

    And before the avalanche begins: yes, I am old, and old school; yes, I am disappointed at the state of our basketball program; yes, I support whatever changes are needed to restore our program to the good old days of regular and expected wins and competing for championships.

    But the young men on this team are Deacs, just like you and me, and deserve our support and respect as such.

    To advocate openly for a Wake Forest team to lose, no matter what the agenda, is just plain wrong.

    We old timers have been through it all before, and might again, but one thing remains constant--a Wake Forest team is a Wake Forest Team is a Wake Forest team; and every time a Deacon team laces 'em up, I'll be pulling for a W.

  2. #2
    Dickie Hemric
    sailordeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Liver than you'll ever be
    Posts
    13,198
    we have been reduced to a condition where every win is bittersweet

  3. #3
    "Nice talk Dad". Seriously I support the players and wish them nothing but the best but unfortunately the best is not possible with Manning.
    Last edited by sportsnut1; 11-29-2019 at 08:36 AM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsnut1 View Post
    "Nice talk Dad". Seriously I support the players and wish them nothing but the best but unfortunately the best is not possible with Manning.
    I agree with you, my man.

  5. #5
    Wake supporters should never have to choose between supporting short term success vs long term success.

    It is concerning that a few more mediocre games like yesterday's could extend Wake basketball irrelevance.

    Just a little competence by the AD would have prevented the situation from getting to this point.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by knowell View Post
    Wake supporters should never have to choose between supporting short term success vs long term success.

    It is concerning that a few more mediocre games like yesterday's could extend Wake basketball irrelevance.

    Just a little competence by the AD would have prevented the situation from getting to this point.
    History cannot be undone. Wake is in the situation of 10 years of bad basketball. Some circumstances that have brought this about will be changed by Spring 2020. Some changes already happened. More will be forthcoming.

  7. #7
    Bzzz is a fucking loser Arsene Wenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    In this coat that looks like a puffy sleeping bag
    Posts
    528
    Go Wake Forest Opponents!

  8. #8
    And Congratulations to the Deacs for another win in the Wooden Legacy, 88-75 over Long Beach State. This puts Wake in the championship game against either Arizona or Penn. GO DEACS!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeUp View Post
    And Congratulations to the Deacs for another win in the Wooden Legacy, 88-75 over Long Beach State. This puts Wake in the championship game against either Arizona or Penn. GO DEACS!
    +1

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •