Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Itís just a shame!

  1. #1

    Itís just a shame!

    Itís just a shame!
    Itís a shame that with VT losing and Louisville losing all we had to do was play our game and take care of business against a team with one conference win and We finish second or third in the conference with a clear top bowl bid

    Itís a shame that Jamie got hurt but that before he was injured he had two really bad turnovers that cost us a 17-3 hole to dig out of.

    Itís a shame that our offense was moving the the ball easily down the field on the first possession and our OC decides to run Jamie up the middle followed by Carney up the middle leaving us third and long as he has so many times settling for a FG. (Same can be said for the pass down field on 3rd and 1 from the 50)

    Itís a shame that for some inexplicable reason one of the most disciplined, non penalized teams in the FBS had two back to back procedure penalties that put our great kicker pretty much out of his range and he broke one of the best streaks ever AND ended up being decisive in the game.

    Itís a shame that Sam Hartman made such a valiant effort but ended up shooting himself in the foot by throwing an interception in the Syracuse end zone and missing a wide open Hinton in the overtime, both of which would have easily won the game if completed.

    It just a shame!

  2. #2
    Steve Lepore wufu bufu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,025
    Thanks.

  3. #3
    Agree

    And you can add to your list we had our most play-making, quickest cutting, best accelerating ex-3 yr QB playing slot, and he NEVER was given the ball with an option to run or throw all year!

    Oh, and, we run a trick play (our 1st time this year) and we have a false start.

  4. #4
    "It's just a shame!" --- the motto of anyone that has been a WF fan for any period of time.

  5. #5
    Amen, " to its just a shame". RPO sucks as an offense!

  6. #6
    Itís also a shame the Deacs are not better supported by fans in the seats from the surrounding communities. WF needs greater fan support to get the higher rated recruits.

  7. #7
    Ricky Peral
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Warrenton, Va
    Posts
    503
    It's a shame we had two straight illegal procedure penalties to make us try a 48 yard field goal due to all the "noise" in the Dome. Those 25,000 people must have made all sorts of "noise". Only to WF could this ever happen.

  8. #8
    Never thought I would ever say that I am disappointed with an 8 win season but the losses to Louisville, Syracuse and frankly Va. Tech made it that way for me. We easily should have won one of those and more likely two of them. Other than the Va. Tech game we were the better team on the field and clearly beat ourselves. That makes it disappointing. No real excuse for not finishing number two in the league.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacAssured View Post
    Itís also a shame the Deacs are not better supported by fans in the seats from the surrounding communities. WF needs greater fan support to get the higher rated recruits.
    Wake as a university does everything they can to alienate themselves from the community. Itís clear and it comes from Hatch.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    Wake as a university does everything they can to alienate themselves from the community. Itís clear and it comes from Hatch.
    Yet it's the number one employer in the entire county.
    Ridiculous.
    Only an elitist academic money man like Hatch could screw that up.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by bob4deacs View Post
    Amen, " to its just a shame". RPO sucks as an offense!
    RPO is an awesome offense and has led us to record amounts of yards and points over the past few years. I don't know what game you are watching?

  12. #12
    I've said elsewhere tv coverage is some of the affect on attendance, especially at mid to lower tier P5 teams.

    And fair or not, the RPO we run is not fun to watch. One reason the community supported Grobe teams is they were, frankly, very fun to watch.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by 80deacon View Post
    I've said elsewhere tv coverage is some of the affect on attendance, especially at mid to lower tier P5 teams.

    And fair or not, the RPO we run is not fun to watch. One reason the community supported Grobe teams is they were, frankly, very fun to watch.
    If you haven't enjoyed watching our O this year when everyone was healthy, I don't know what to tell you.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerDeac View Post
    If you haven't enjoyed watching our O this year when everyone was healthy, I don't know what to tell you.
    Yeah - some of the comments on here are truly baffling. When did a lot of yards and points not become fun to watch?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Boy View Post
    Yeah - some of the comments on here are truly baffling. When did a lot of yards and points not become fun to watch?
    I went to every game. Significant number of "boos" could be heard when RPO was run into the line for 0-2 yards multiple times resulting in a punt.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by 80deacon View Post
    I've said elsewhere tv coverage is some of the affect on attendance, especially at mid to lower tier P5 teams.

    And fair or not, the RPO we run is not fun to watch. One reason the community supported Grobe teams is they were, frankly, very fun to watch.
    I think the RPO is fine but we need more variety and less predictability. Maybe run it a bit less often or add a few different wrinkles.

  17. #17
    With our starting WR's hurt the P in RPO was not a threat, and it just became RO.


  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by awaken View Post
    With our starting WR's hurt the P in RPO was not a threat, and it just became RO.

    The other issue with the slow mesh RPO is it does not work against bigger more athletic defenses. If we want to consistently challenge the better teams in our league and out of conference we must reduce our reliance on it.

  19. #19
    I agree. It is something we should do sometimes, but we should also have plain quick hitting running plays. I'd also like to see our WR's run more slants on RPO to attack the space charging LB's would vacate playing the run.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •